Penning kicked out of practice for fighting (1 Viewer)

3 days in a row...

Every time I read this thread title while browsing I just assume he got in another fight.

It's all gravy until it happens and a critical 3rd and short and we get a penalty. Payton would go off, I guess we'll have to see Allen's response.

Something all you Penning haters should read >>>

It happens. It's hot, players are already getting physical, I don't read into these.

That helmet throw caused me to buy my first Saints jersey.

I remember that game because it was a night game, mostly and we were on a pretty good roll. I was in grad school at the time. My buddy called me and told me that he thinks thought the NOPD should have arrested Damien Robinson who was DELIBERATELY trying to hurt Aaron Brooks by twisting his neck. He was not excusing Turley's behavior, but that replay clear shows Robinson was intentionally trying to hurt Brooks. Watching that replay again explains Turley's (but doesn't excuse it, mind you) outburst.

Something all you Penning haters should read >>>

Are there Penning "haters" here? If this doesn't translate to multiple drive-killing penalties on the field, we'll all forget about this.

The Gray thing wouldn’t have been anything… The Turner fight would have had TURNER going to the locker room…

I haven’t found a video of the Roach thing… but so far… it looks like Penning is playing hard and pissing the vets off and they are going after him and he’s standing up.

This is not a case of him going all out of control and fighting everyone (didn’t see the Roach thing) if it comes to him being out of control, I’ll change my mind but so far, I see a tough guy playing very hard and that’s what I was hoping for when we drafted him
I dont know if people understand this, but if it's decided that everyone will go 80%, why should one guy be allowed to go 95%?

I'm sure the 80% guys would love to give him a game-day forearm to the chest all the way to the whistle.

You're not "tough" when you're taking advantage of unwritten practice rules that everyone else decides to follow.

You're a d-bag and it wears on guys already practicing in muggy 90 degree temps.

He needs to chill and save it for the opponent. At least CJGJ knows how to rein himself in. Penning needs to do the same.

I'm certainly not one to get on guys about this type thing, but 3 days in a row is a bit much even for me.

All I can say on Penning is that this guy WILL stand his ground.

Does anyone remember how last year's rookie LT Sewell manned up to Aaron Donald in those trenches?
Sewell is a mauler kinda like Trevor. TP will be fine.

Saints have good o line coaches & in no time he'll adjust & implement.
I agree. You need Olineman like that, especially ones that will stand up if a player cheap shots the QB. We haven’t heard anything in a couple days so he’s already dialed it back some

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom