Saints Penning presser: “If the guy across from you doesn’t hate you, you’re not doing your job!” (1 Viewer)

Penning played A LOT of snaps tonight, and while he looked terrible on the ones that we could see... he won more battles than he lost.

He'll get better, but there tonight was his official "Welcome to the NFL, rook" moment.
I hope so, a lot of the time he looked more like a maitre'd than a offensive lineman. I swear, at least one time I saw him tell the DB (imagine British accent), "The Quarterback, sir...."

Penning played A LOT of snaps tonight, and while he looked terrible on the ones that we could see... he won more battles than he lost.

He'll get better, but there tonight was his official "Welcome to the NFL, rook" moment.
Stretch his performance over 16 games and he would give up more sacks than most teams did last season.

There is no justifying his play tonight.

I’m going with he is a rookie and will get better but he sure looked like an OG trying to play OT tonight.

Reading another Saints forum and someone referred to Penning as Trevor Pending. 😂😂

Wanted to see what other Saints fans thought of his performance. Pretty much the same as here.

Reading another Saints forum and someone referred to Penning as Trevor Pending. 😂😂

Wanted to see what other Saints fans thought of his performance. Pretty much the same as here.
As bad as it was (and it was bad), Book did not help him out by never climbing the pocket. So about half the sacks he gave up aren't completely his fault. The other eleventy sacks were on him.

As bad as it was (and it was bad), Book did not help him out by never climbing the pocket. So about half the sacks he gave up aren't completely his fault. The other eleventy sacks were on him.
Agreed.

Did anyone key in on James Hurst tonight? I did. Zero athleticism. He’s gonna get Winston decapitated.

We’ve got to live or die with Penning. We need him to get better fast.
Didn’t focus on him tonight but I thought he was very serviceable overall, since we acquired him?

Did anyone key in on James Hurst tonight? I did. Zero athleticism. He’s gonna get Winston decapitated.

We’ve got to live or die with Penning. We need him to get better fast.
I noticed that too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom