People are blaming Warford while Peat is the real Issue (1 Viewer)

I believe that Warford will be either traded or cut, if cut saves $7,750,000 cap space. Cutting Easton saves $4,400,000. Do you think the Saints will take a cap hit for Warford of $12,875,000 to sit on the bench?

I believe that Warford will be either traded or cut, if cut saves $7,750,000 cap space. Cutting Easton saves $4,400,000. Do you think the Saints will take a cap hit for Warford of $12,875,000 to sit on the bench?
Nope.

It doesn't matter what we think. It matters what the coaches think. According to Underhill, "Larry is going to compete" which says a great deal about who's the weakest link.

Ram’s guy being in the backfield first isn’t an issue. It’s pretty common for the DE to be in the backfield first in our scheme. Allowing Brees a clean pocket to step up to avoid the outside pressure is the key to the protection scheme. Brees could step up while keeping his eyes down the field, be in position plant and throw the ball. Forcing Brees to back peddle is usually caused by interior pressure and in this case gave Brees 0 chance.

Being in the backfield in and of itself isn’t an issue. Look at Armstead’s guy on that play. Yeah he got there but was so late it was a non issue. That’s how the saints play thier tackles. Loop the guy outside. Let him run around and waste time, just don’t give him a clear shot. On that play it was Ramczyk’s guy who made the play. He let him beeline right into Brees. No wether or not Ramczyk could have recovered in Warford wasn’t being pushed around like a shopping cart is another question. But you never let a speed rusher take an inside almost unblocked path to the QB.

There's a lot of ugly in that clip. I can see what Ramzcyk is trying to do, but ick. Still think McCoy could have provided a little more help on the 1, but the rusher delays so there was no real push in that first second, so McCoy drifts to his space. Peat gets beat, Kamara's route is disrupted. Armstead not looking wonderful either. And yeah, Warford just didn't compete enough on that play, which was SP's beef.

You can generally point to 3 - 5 plays in the game that makes the difference. This was one.
A lot of ugly indeed. And if I’m remembering right, Linval Joseph essentially had done next to nothing up until that point.

And definitely. We get a FG right there, and that last FG we kicked to force overtime would’ve been the game-winner.
Everyone on the O-Line crapped the bed on this play. Everyone.
I know, that’s why I said that on the first page in this thread.
A pocket is formed when the outside rush is forced to the outside. Allowing a QB to step up. Griffin was already in the backfield, lightning quick, causing Drew to backpeddle. Can’t step up when Griffin is on the inside trying to kiss you. Griffin was already there at Drew’s second read. Also, looks like Ram kinda pushed Griffin (although late), into Warford a bit. Maybe causing him to lose a little position. Not saying that Warford was not going to lose his battle, but just what I saw. You can see Ram’s initial step to the outside. He just got beat. No biggie, it happens. He’s not perfect.
Ramczyk was blocking Danielle Hunter. Griffen was going against Armstead.

Glad you think Sean Payton doesn't know what he is doing.

And enough with the love of Easton. Easton lost the playoff game by himself. Drew's fumble was a direct result of Easton being average at best. STOP BLAMING PEAT FOR YOU NOT KNOWING THE GAME.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT....

THE LINEUP ON THAT PLAY

Armstead
PEAT
MCCoy
WARFORD
RAM

Warford got blown up on that play. Even then, Brees ran into the pressure and didn't throw the ball away.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT....

THE LINEUP ON THAT PLAY

Armstead
PEAT
MCCoy
WARFORD
RAM

Warford got blown up on that play. Even then, Brees ran into the pressure and didn't throw the ball away.
Sorry I was thinking of a different play. Either way. The whole line got abused and everyone wants to blame Peat. It gets old.

Who exactly is going to trade for an expensive OG that the Saints longer want because he out of shape, hurt, not motivated, etc?

Could be cut too. We can't have all that money tied up in 2 backup guards. Depends on how we come out of the rest of the draft but that money could go to another linebacker and CB. My thought is he can be part of the compensation to help sweeten a deal. Maybe instead of giving up a third round pick to trade up, we give up a fourth and Warford.

I don't think that's how he's viewed in the rest of the league. He's been in the Pro Bowl for 3 years in a row and has consistently graded out well. Hurt? He's been one of the healthier linemen we have. If motivation is actually a problem then the Saints should have never let that get out of the building. That hurts any trade value he has.

Sorry I was thinking of a different play. Either way. The whole line got abused and everyone wants to blame Peat. It gets old.
I mean Peat been below average and unrealiable all year, but no one saw Warford imploding as bad as he did in that playoff game.

Correct me If I'm wrong,but when peat was out. Our o line played great and we didnt have any issues. That rams game and vikings game showed our issue and his name was Andrus Peat. He got drew hurt and he was getting turned around in the interior by everson Griffin and company. Minny purposely put their d ends in he middle and came after drew.
It seems Coach Payton is blaming Warford as well.
Since Payton actually knows football and can see first hand via film study and being the coach of him, I'm gonna go ahead and side with Coach on this.

Could be cut too. We can't have all that money tied up in 2 backup guards. Depends on how we come out of the rest of the draft but that money could go to another linebacker and CB. My thought is he can be part of the compensation to help sweeten a deal. Maybe instead of giving up a third round pick to trade up, we give up a fourth and Warford.

I don't think that's how he's viewed in the rest of the league. He's been in the Pro Bowl for 3 years in a row and has consistently graded out well. Hurt? He's been one of the healthier linemen we have. If motivation is actually a problem then the Saints should have never let that get out of the building. That hurts any trade value he has.
Why not? You can have as much money as you want at any position you want. No rules are broken. the optics are bad, but the Saints clearly do not give a **** about optics and the Saints are under the cap. Even if you don't like Warford, you have to admit he's better than Tom, Clapp and Easton.

But let's say you're right, why trade for a guy that's going to get cut? Teams arent stupid.

Correct me If I'm wrong,but when peat was out. Our o line played great and we didnt have any issues. That rams game and vikings game showed our issue and his name was Andrus Peat. He got drew hurt and he was getting turned around in the interior by everson Griffin and company. Minny purposely put their d ends in he middle and came after drew.

I was not happy when they resigned him. Guarantee you he will miss at least 3-4 games this year. And the rest of the games he will get steam rolled. Not sure what they see in this guy at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom