People are blaming Warford while Peat is the real Issue (1 Viewer)

Walked back like he was on roller skates.

There's a lot of ugly in that clip. I can see what Ramzcyk is trying to do, but ick. Still think McCoy could have provided a little more help on the 1, but the rusher delays so there was no real push in that first second, so McCoy drifts to his space. Peat gets beat, Kamara's route is disrupted. Armstead not looking wonderful either. And yeah, Warford just didn't compete enough on that play, which was SP's beef.

You can generally point to 3 - 5 plays in the game that makes the difference. This was one.

At the beginning of second 3 the pressure is already effecting what Brees is doing. Which is sad because the ball isn’t snapped until halfway through the beginning second. So in 1.5 seconds Brees already is having to pull the ball down. That’s just abysmal play on both of those guys. I mean there’s well drawn up defense, then there is just hideous OL play. That’s how not to play OL

Peat is valuable because he can play every position but center and they just gave him a ton of money.

Only on the left side. He's a trainwreck on the right side. Don't get me wrong, I'm higher on Peat than most and feel like people are beating him up for playing through injury. But him on the left side and it's like watching a right handed Dungeon and Dragons master player trying to throw a football with his left hand. He has ZERO value on the right side.

Peat played well against the run but his struggles came against the pass, perhaps due to the injury. His strength is run blocking, though, and his re-signing leads me to think the Saints do plan to run more than usual.

It baffles my mind a bit that the Saints never really attempted to recapture that 2017 level of rushing attack we had. I feel like when Ingram missed the first four games of 2018 and Drew showed that he was still halfway decent at that quarterback thing...... there was a bit of a relapse toward trying to be the 2011 offense again. Which, by the way, was stiill a pretty damn good rushing team in spite of Drew's insane numbers.

I don't understand with all the Peat and Warford discussion after the pick. I look at as depth and possible replacement when we move on from a player. Losing players to free agency has been the number one downfall of a franchise. Getting a possible replacement for a player isn't a bad thing.

I don't dislike Peat at an extreme level, but I personally thought we could do better, especially for that kind of money. He's valuable, as he can switch out to tackle easily, so that's probably one of the main reasons the Saints value him so much. Had you told me we'd re-sign Peat to a mega-deal and draft a center this year, I'd say stop smoking whatever it is you're smoking. Lol.

Apparently Peat was playing hurt the whole time. Not my excuse. Just repeating Underhill.
The problem is that Peat is frequently hurt. It would be great if he could finish a season starting every game (including in the postseason) and being able to maintain a high level of play. So far, I haven't seen that from him.

The problem is that Peat is frequently hurt. It would be great if he could finish a season starting every game (including in the postseason) and being able to maintain a high level of play. So far, I haven't seen that from him.
True and Armstead is even more so (frequently hurt, that is).

With Peat, you have someone you can slide to the outside if (or sadly, when) Armstead gets hurt.

Thats his key value. You now have a group of linemen who can play a multitude of positions. McCoy, Peat, Easton and now Ruiz. That definitely makes things much more flexible in the middle — which as we’ve learned, is critical for the Saints/Brees offense.

But I agree — it doesn’t matter how versatile Peat is, if he’s on IR.

Peat just resigned for 5 years, he hasn’t even hit his prime and can play guard and tackle.
Warford has the 2nd highest cap hit on the roster at $12,875,000 in the last season of his contract. The Saints would save $7.7 million by getting rid of him. This isn’t hard to figure out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom