People are blaming Warford while Peat is the real Issue (1 Viewer)

Peat isn't going anywhere. He got the contract extension for a reason. The Saints want to keep him around. He, like Kamara, played injured for a lot of last season. When he has had to slide out to left tackle, he did a very solid job. If we can get value for Warford tomorrow, he will probably be traded, but if not he is good enough if he takes his job seriously that he could actually compete.

Last edited:
Correct me If I'm wrong,but when peat was out. Our o line played great and we didnt have any issues. That rams game and vikings game showed our issue and his name was Andrus Peat. He got drew hurt and he was getting turned around in the interior by everson Griffin and company. Minny purposely put their d ends in he middle and came after drew.
Dude, Payton directly called out Warford tonight. All you got to do is listen and they'll tell you what's up.

I like it.. when you have a team that has just about everything... towards the end of the year when the offense sputters two years IN A ROW due to the line being injured.. what is the best thing to have?

which you may not realize.. this division just became.. down to week 17.

Decent back up tackles aren’t easy to find. A fairly good starting G who can play both tackle positions fairly well, is an asset. And now having interior line talent and depth that can carry the load if he has to move outside, is gold. A solid run and pass blocking line can carry this team to our 2nd Lombardi. Peat isn’t the problem, he’s a flexible and valuable asset when healthy.

After drafting Ruiz, Sean called out Warford directly. Peat got paid, and considering everything he brings, he deserved to. Who’s the problem again?

1E9D3DF0-2A83-4CB1-82BC-2DDB704AC238.jpeg
End of thread

Wow. It's not often you see something as real as that publicly. We heard the rumblings they weren't overly pleased with Warford's play last year, but that's a serious calling out in front of the class.

And the title of this thread is completely opposite to reality - Peat has been heavily criticised by the majority here, yet has been given a very good contract, while no one has been saying anything negative about Warford - except for his coaches clearly.

Without watching the line play closely it’s hard to tell. The great thing about when the Saints had Nicks and Evans was the center was left free to help whoever or he was the free guy to pull on running plays.

I wasn’t watching closely last year, but was the center having to slide to Warford’s side consistently, and by doing that leave that center/guard/tackle space to Peat only, essentially leaving Peat on an island inside. The few times I remember Peat blowing coverages, and like I said I wasn’t watching as close as I shouldve I guess, the pressure was in the Center/guard gap.

Without watching the line play closely it’s hard to tell. The great thing about when the Saints had Nicks and Evans was the center was left free to help whoever or he was the free guy to pull on running plays.

I wasn’t watching closely last year, but was the center having to slide to Warford’s side consistently, and by doing that leave that center/guard/tackle space to Peat only, essentially leaving Peat on an island inside. The few times I remember Peat blowing coverages, and like I said I wasn’t watching as close as I shouldve I guess, the pressure was in the Center/guard gap.

While there are times you might adjust for personnel, generally who blocks who is based on scheme/ alignment/ numbers, rather than 'who needs more help'. As an example, on a BoB blocking scheme, if Peat has a 3 tech and Warford a 1 tech, McCoy will go to the 1 tech, leaving Peat on the 3 tech. If the 1 tech was to Peat's side, McCoy would go there instead. Nothing to do with relative quality/ ability of Peat or Warford.

This is the play that sealed Warford's fate.

There’s no excuse for this. So I’m glad Payton is addressing it with the pick. But, when they put their D ends in the middle on first down we need to attack them with a run.
I don’t like when Payton calls so many screens but this would have been a good time for one with their slower players on the edge.
And Drew needs to hold onto the ball. He’s too old to try to get away, just curl into a ball.

Yeah but the RT blew that play. Yeah I know Warford got pushed back way too easy, but that play was going in the tank when Ramczyk got out of position wide at the start of the play. Now maybe Ramczyk could’ve shoved his guy out of the way if Warford hadn’t been so blazingly bad, but it wasn’t all on him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom