People here should realize that Brady is the GOAT (1 Viewer)

This dude joins an NFC team and wins a title right out of the gate... and oh by the way he’s older than our GOAT...

Brady took everything we have tried to say about Drew being the real GOAT and shoved it right up our caboose
Can you imagine how much better Brady’s stats would be if he had better skill players around him during his career?

Can you imagine how much better Brady’s stats would be if he had better skill players around him during his career?

It would be impressive. It’s amazing what he’s doing. Just imagine tonight how much longer he’s telling himself he will keep playing...

Brady is the GOAT not DB.

If the reports are correct and Brady was ready to sign with Saints and that caused DB not to retire then DB cost this team it's best shot at the SB this season.

According to his wife DB play injured in the last playoff game and the performance supports her comments.

DB is the best player this team ever had and I'm very happy the Saints had him but he was done before the season started and he screwed the fans this year, he played one too many seasons.

Just a rant from a fan who has seem many players come and go
You can see yourself out

Not even close. No QB in the history of the NFL, is remotely close. 10 Super Bowls? Come on people!

You are right. Drew is great but Brady is the best, period. Let's face it....Drew hasn't even won an MVP. I would say that Brees is in the Marino zone. Marino has no SB, 1 MVP....Drew 1 SB, no MVP. It isn't an insult to Brees but just that there have been many great QB's.

SB rings is a team award, the rest are subjective popularity contests. To determine the best runner, you look at stats, most yards, most 100 yard games, most times leading league, etc.
To determine best punter, you look at avg punt length, hang time, etc. in other words, things the player controls.
If you look at QB stats, most yards, most 5k seasons, comp%, most 300 yard games, etc you’ll find Drew leads Brady in 95% of QB stats because he’s a better QB, but Brady has been on better teams more often, so congrats on that.

Was Brees throwing the ball to himself? Was he blocking for himself? Brady has the stats and the championships. Any semi decent argument that Breesis better went out the window this season. I still love Brees but history will laugh at the arguments presented in this thread.

SB rings is a team award, the rest are subjective popularity contests. To determine the best runner, you look at stats, most yards, most 100 yard games, most times leading league, etc.
To determine best punter, you look at avg punt length, hang time, etc. in other words, things the player controls.
If you look at QB stats, most yards, most 5k seasons, comp%, most 300 yard games, etc you’ll find Drew leads Brady in 95% of QB stats because he’s a better QB, but Brady has been on better teams more often, so congrats on that.
Yards? Yards mean nothing, except that your defense isn't as good so you have to pass more. Brees has 7 of the top 17 passing attempt seasons, Brady is nowhere to be found on that list.

Just put the guy in Canton now, he's breaking all the norms and I can see him playing at least 2 more years. His arm looks strong.

System quarterback. Lol.

If he played for Nawlins we’d be lifting our second trophy.

Brees cost this team and the fans a second SB when he didn't retire as planned .

He is the best to ever play for the Saints but when it's over it's over and he hurt the team this season.

You are right. Drew is great but Brady is the best, period. Let's face it....Drew hasn't even won an MVP. I would say that Brees is in the Marino zone. Marino has no SB, 1 MVP....Drew 1 SB, no MVP. It isn't an insult to Brees but just that there have been many great QB's.

I've maintained that Brady has been the best for a number of years now and would be even without what happened this year in TB. I do and always will love Drew Brees for what he has done with the Saints and I would take him over Marino in a heartbeat. Brees is a top 3-5 all time QB to me.

Brees cost this team and the fans a second SB when he didn't retire as planned .

He is the best to ever play for the Saints but when it's over it's over and he hurt the team this season.

I totally don't get this POV. Great players will always want to play, it is part of what makes them great....unshakeable faith in their abilities. If you want to blame anyone then I suggest you start with the guy who decides who plays and doesn't play...Brees should not have been on the field against TB with the injuries he was struggling with, I hated to see him go out like he did.....

Depends on your definition go Goat. If its Championships, Otto Graham lead his team to 7 championships in 10 years. Brady took 21 years to get to 7.

Brady is one of the best ever to play based on stats and championships. However, he jumped ship when he saw his team going downhill last year. Don't blame him, but he took advantage of what was before him; 20 years of playing in the very weak AFC East where they easily took home field advantage into the playoffs.

Can't compare Belichick's record this year to Tom's. Pats had 8 starters opt out for covid. Had Belichick left Patriots for say Seattle, or Rams, or GB or Tamps you think any of those teams would not have been in the championship game? Brady would be slightly above average with an average team. There were more games (4) than usual this past season where Tom threw multiple interceptions and his defense saved him. Since 2013 he averaged 1 multi-interception game per season.

So there will always be the argument, but you need to know what definition of GOAT you are using.

I caught a 2020 interview that Brady had with Howard Stern this am.

I have a new found appreciation for Brady. His work ethic is same as Drew. His competitive nature- same. Never was a "physical specimen". He wasnt even a starter until his Jr year in High School and was 4th on depth chart when he arrived at Michigan.
199th selection in draft.

The only difference between Brady and Drew is that Bradys health has been much better last 2 years than Drew with no major throwing injuries.

I get all the disdain for Tom, but when you objectively sit back, listen to what he has had to overcome and how focused he was to over come it, its pretty amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom