People just keep getting crazier and crazier... (1 Viewer)

Sandman

Kind of Messed Up
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.click2houston.com/news/15020558/detail.html

HAYDEN, Idaho -- A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said. The man, in his mid-20s, was calm when Kootenai County sheriff's deputies arrived Saturday in this northern Idaho town. He was in protective custody in the mental health unit of Kootenai Medical Center. "It had been somewhat cooked by the time the deputy arrived," sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger said. "He put a tourniquet on his arm before, so he didn't bleed to death. That kind of mental illness is just sad."

Not sure how cutting off your hand stops you from being the antichrist. I thought the mark of the beast was on the head.

Not sure how cutting off your hand stops you from being the antichrist. I thought the mark of the beast was on the head.

From the article:

The Book of Revelation in the New Testament contains a passage in which an angel is quoted as saying: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink the wine of God's fury." The book of Matthew also contains the passage: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

"drink the wine of God's fury."

sounds like a good buzz :9:

From the article:

Fair enough. The article I read on it earlier didn't have that much background. Should we merge this with the thread about not wanting our next President to believe in this stuff?

I have to give him credit for trying to do the right thing. If most of us found out we were the anti-Christ we'd just roll with it. Superpowers and the like would be cool for awhile. I don't remember the specifics but I'm pretty sure that alot is expected of the anti-Christ. Maybe the pressure got to him.

But, what if the mark HAD been on his forehead? :shrug:

It reminds me of this thing from years ago:

MAN CUTS OFF HAND, ATTEMPTS SUICIDE
Lehigh Valley (PA) News
01/24/01

A Lehighton man doing remodeling work at a Bethlehem home accidentally cut off his hand with a power saw then, apparently hoping to end his pain, shot himself at least 12 times in the head with a nail gun, police said.

William A. Bartron, 25, of 110 S. Third St., Lehighton, was alive at St. Luke's Hospital, Fountain Hill, on Wednesday, a hospital spokeswoman said. However, his condition was
unavailable.

Bethlehem police officer Cheryl Ruth said Bartron was working in the basement at the home of Larry Lang, 2048 Worthington Ave., when he severed his hand at the wrist while using a
portable mitre saw Tuesday afternoon.

The report said Lang came home about 3:30 p.m. and Bartron was doing remodeling work in the basement. Lang said he went to the basement 20 minutes later and found Bartron on the floor and called 911.

Lang told police Bartron's employer arrived a short time later and placed the amputated left hand in a clean plastic sandwich bag, which was taken with Bartron to St. Luke's, Ruth said.

The officer said Bartron was admitted to the hospital's trauma unit, where it was reported that at least a dozen 1 1/2 inch nails had penetrated his scalp.

Ruth said the employer told her Bartron had shot several nails into his head with a pneumatic nail gun "because he could not stand the pain from the amputation."

I have to give him credit for trying to do the right thing. If most of us found out we were the anti-Christ we'd just roll with it. Superpowers and the like would be cool for awhile. I don't remember the specifics but I'm pretty sure that alot is expected of the anti-Christ. Maybe the pressure got to him.

Don't i know!! when i found out, i just ordered another Dewars and soda. i mean that's a lot of pressure on a girl.

Now i guess i REALLY have to hire an accountant.

:smilielol: :hihi:

From the article:

Stupid. But ok, let's play that game for a minute.

One scripture in the Bible says something to the effect of "Judas hanged himself."

Elsewhere in the book, there's a scripture which reads "Go and do thou likewise".

Anyone?

PS If anyone does this, please forward all complaints to Moses, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and those other Nazarene O.G.s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom