People who can't say "chipotle" (1 Viewer)

it isn't a pepper either, but a finished product from the process used to create dried and smoky flavored red jalapenos. about as natural as the crappy chain bearing the same name.

Which still makes it a pepper. Obviously it's a type of jalopeño(s). I am the one that did post the wiki link. You're trying to be cute with semantics. If someone asked you what your favorite pepper was and you answered "chipotle", for all practical purposes it would be fine (in Mexico no less). Nobody would say processed jalapeños.

it isn't a pepper either, but a finished product from the process used to create dried and smoky flavored red jalapenos. about as natural as the crappy chain bearing the same name.

True chipotles aren't "processed", they are smoked.

Which still makes it a pepper. Obviously it's a type of jalopeño(s). I am the one that did post the wiki link. You're trying to be cute with semantics. If someone asked you what your favorite pepper was and you answered "chipotle", for all practical purposes it would be fine (in Mexico no less). Nobody would say processed jalapeños.

not trying to be cute, because i already know im dead sexy, but.. i wasn't trying to come off intelligent arse. wikipedia doesn't explain that any pepper can be used to create a chipotle. red jalapenos are the preferred due to the flavor and heat creating a good balance. they aren't too hot, while retaining some of their distinct flavor.

i read a neat article on them a while back and how people have experimented with creating some interesting cross-bred chipotles. when i get a chance, I'll try to find it. good read for anyone that likes peppers. though, they are not my favorite because the smokiness tends to overpower everything they are in, but I'd be willing to try some of the hot and sweet peppers.

(i love processed pickled jalapenos with cheap nacho cheese)

and why are we arguing about chipotle? shouldn't we just go back to making fun of antipop? :cheer:

I have no use for a word like "chipotle", which is primarily used by commoners and riff-raff; therefore, I've eliminated its existence in my world.

Pip pip and cheerio, Chaps.

I have no use for a word like "chipotle", which is primarily used by commoners and riff-raff; therefore, I've eliminated its existence in my world.

Pip pip and cheerio, Chaps.

You're delusional. You're on a thread, writing about chipotle. Whatever elimination of its existence you may believe you have accomplished is no more than a farce. You can't defeat chipotle, you can only give in to its smoky, possibly processed goodness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom