People who can't say "chipotle" (2 Viewers)

Not saying Chipotle correctly is actually natural selection at work. It prevents the smarter organisms of our species from suggesting it when searching for meals.

My parents can't say it. My in-laws can't say it. The waitress at the restaurant that I get the dry-rub chipotle ribs for lunch can't say it. The bar-tender that tells me how good those ribs are also can't say it.

Can you say it? Why do so many people struggle with this?

Ha, i used to pronounce it wrong like a lot of people. Its always nice to learn something.

92201618445654882.png

I mispronounce it purposely, because they are an abhorrent company, and deserve bad things to happen to them.

One of the early investors in the restaurant chain's expansion was McDonald's. They allowed Chipotle to use their chicken supplier, which exponentially cut down on costs. The also shared the plant where the McRib is made for their pork offerings. All the while touting a "farm to table" experience.

So what's the first thing Chipotle does when they pay off McDonald's investment? They go on a aggressive advertising campaign denigrating McDonald's food, from the exact same supply chain that they had been utilizing, as gross and unnatural. Super classy move.

To follow that up, they systematically under compensated their employees, and now have to date over 115 employee lawsuits in Federal court. And allowed two separate and serious food borne illneses to run rampant throughout their stores.

Chip-holt-olay is just bad people.

I mispronounce it purposely, because they are an abhorrent company, and deserve bad things to happen to them.

One of the early investors in the restaurant chain's expansion was McDonald's. They allowed Chipotle to use their chicken supplier, which exponentially cut down on costs. The also shared the plant where the McRib is made for their pork offerings. All the while touting a "farm to table" experience.

So what's the first thing Chipotle does when they pay off McDonald's investment? They go on a aggressive advertising campaign denigrating McDonald's food, from the exact same supply chain that they had been utilizing, as gross and unnatural. Super classy move.

To follow that up, they systematically under compensated their employees, and now have to date over 115 employee lawsuits in Federal court. And allowed two separate and serious food borne illneses to run rampant throughout their stores.

Heck with those dudes. You can't support that kind of ********ed behavior.

You do realize it was/is a very popular chili pepper first and foremost long before the restaurant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipotle

Anyway, I didn't know so many people had trouble with the pronunciation.

You do realize it was/is a very popular chili pepper first and foremost long before the restaurant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipotle

Anyway, I didn't know so many people had trouble with the pronunciation.

I am aware. And the Nazi swastika was a fertility symbol long before it became synonymous with racism. Things change when bad people get involved.

Godwin's law ftw.

I am aware. And the Nazi swastika was a fertility symbol long before it became synonymous with racism. Things change when bad people get involved.

Godwin's law ftw.

Ha. Well, I guess it depends on the individual in this case. I probably eat the pepper at least once a month and have never been to the restaurant. I do agree with your issues with the chain btw.

Damn.

Let's go get those ********!

simpsons-angry-mob.jpg

I don't go to the restaurant either, but, yeah, they sort of ruined the name. I always thought of it as the burning/smoking process not the pepper. At least the cans I get of them are always jalapenos (I usually get the cheap Embasa). Actually have a can in the pantry from last time I changed my mind and did stew instead of chili.

Dough
Cough
Through
Bough
Tough

Place names that will probably trip you unless you spent significant time in Massachusetts:
Gloucester
Worcester

And I hear its 5x worse in the UK

Yay, English

My personal butchering is CHIP-OT-EL

Try the original pronunciation, see how you do: chilpoctli :hihi:

BTW, it literally means smoked pepper. The original spelling of the pepper it is made of, jalapeño, is actually xalapeño, as the peppers presumably originated from Xalapa, Veracruz.

My son's first job was there. It was frustrating. Whatever the schedule was, he'd always end up working 30 and sometimes 45 minutes past the clock out time. They would tell him to clock out, then finish helping to close up. I told him that was not normal considering my previous experience working. The manager was terrible and the restaurant itself was poorly managed.

When my son complained about how he was being treated there, I thought he was just moaning and groaning about working hard, but he eventually decided to quit and got a job at Potbelly. The difference was night and day. It's clear Chipotle is a terribly run place. I haven't eaten there in a long time. My kids still like it, but I avoid going there as much as possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom