Video Per AFR: Anonymous coaches rank RB's across the league. Top 10. AK not in the top 10. (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
AK not listed in the top ten. He got 5th honorable mention.

I think that's fair, not all AK's fault for sure, but fair.

You guys (and gals) think fair?

It's probably not going to be popular around here but I'd assume these coaches are basing their opinions on production. Or more accurately, recent production. RB is a young man's position and AK's production hasn't been great shakes in years. I don't know about 5th honorable mention but it's not surprising that he would be listed outside of the top 10 considering he's never rushed for 1k yards and he hasn't gone for 1,500 yards from scrimmage or scored double digit TDs the past three seasons.

If looking solely at the numbers it makes sense. But our offense has been total :poop: since xCSP left, so it isn't all his fault or fair to him to downgrade him based on our stale "weekend at bernies" version of xCSPs scheme

The dropoff started in 2021. That's when he went down from 5ypa to 3.7. That's when he went down from 800 receiving yards to 400. That's when he went down from 21 touchdowns to 9.

More and more it's looking like 2nd contracts for RBs are a bad deal for the team. We should be extremely cautious with a 3rd contract for Kamara.

The dropoff started in 2021. That's when he went down from 5ypa to 3.7. That's when he went down from 800 receiving yards to 400. That's when he went down from 21 touchdowns to 9.

More and more it's looking like 2nd contracts for RBs are a bad deal for the team. We should be extremely cautious with a 3rd contract for Kamara.

People don't want to acknowledge that. It's everyone else fault why he is declining, not the fact that nearly every RB declines in that same time frame. He's going into year 8 of a 3-6 year average career for a RB and his decline started in year 5.

Now there is no excuses. He is having an awesome tailor made for his skillset and an emphasis on the run. If he averages 5ypc again, then great, but if he averages 3.7-3.9ypc who's fault will it be this time? PC's, I'm sure he'll catch strays.

In before, but he's elite, he's special, he's built different, he trains different, he's AK41 and is better than CMC, etc.

This is the actual article.

Noteworthy, it was a survey among coaches, scouts, and execs, not just coaches.

Also, scanning some of the comments, there are many players ranked on perception, and even performances over a few games, not a season's worth of production.

Not saying that Kamara is or isn't top 10, and I don't care about ranks or grades or PFF.

As for an extension for Kamara, I think it's hard to properly rate his value to the team after 2 years of Pete running the offense. But, if the new coaching staff wants to go in another direction, so be it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom