Video Per AFR: Anonymous coaches rank RB's across the league. Top 10. AK not in the top 10. (1 Viewer)

This off-season, I’ve seen so many excuses for coaches, QB, and other positions. Yet, AK41 can’t get an excuse for having to partake in our craptastic “Spider 2 Y Banana N Sneaky Pete tailpipe” offense. Just go right to he’s declining.

1720581703596.png

This off-season, I’ve seen so many excuses for coaches, QB, and other positions. Yet, AK41 can’t get an excuse for having to partake in our craptastic “Spider 2 Y Banana N Sneaky Pete tailpipe” offense. Just go right to he’s declining.

1720581703596.png
Yet you’re doing the same thing for Kamara.

Yet you’re doing the same thing for Kamara.
And you're doing the opposite only for Kamara

^^^ See how that works?

The difference is that all those other poeple that are getting "PC passes" aint never really been :poop: outside a fluke season. AK has been to multiple Pro Bowls been OROY and arguably one of the top players on the team ahead of DB while he was in decline....So yeah, I'm willing to give him a pass for playing in our neutered stale arse offense.

His offensive line sure didn’t help those years either.
Fair, but that bad OL play will also speed up his decline. Bigger hits from bigger humans.

AK is still the best back on the roster until proven otherwise, but I'm sticking with cautious optimism for a return to his Brees-era form. What's great is he still can line up all over the field, and FWIW, he had the third best PFF grade as an RB route runner against man coverage last year.

^^^ See how that works?

The difference is that all those other poeple that are getting "PC passes" aint never really been :poop: outside a fluke season. AK has been to multiple Pro Bowls been OROY and arguably one of the top players on the team ahead of DB while he was in decline....So yeah, I'm willing to give him a pass for playing in our neutered stale arse offense.
I... don't. I'm not making excuses for anyone lol. Are these "PC passes" in the room with you right now?

I hope we can productively schedule a good end for Kamara's turf career that doesn't see him wandering off for a year. The Saints would be justified in holding firm on a respectable but small contract regardless of what he appears to have left in the tank.

I'd be curious if a move to coaching was on his mind. It was just glimpses but when Payton took his play calling suggestion, and the way he seemed bursting at the seams wanting to create accountability & solutions for the team under DA made me think he has the mindset to be a leader.

Give him a small contract w/incentives to finish out his playing career then make a plan to move him to coaching staff.

lol agreed. Just know that so many here think he's amazing.

*I think he's been a very good RB for his career. Not dogging on him at all. I do not think he's HOF level.
Is that slight shade detected for people that have a high opinion of Kamara?

^^^ See how that works?

1720625664183.gif

People don't want to acknowledge that. It's everyone else fault why he is declining, not the fact that nearly every RB declines in that same time frame. He's going into year 8 of a 3-6 year average career for a RB and his decline started in year 5.

Now there is no excuses. He is having an awesome tailor made for his skillset and an emphasis on the run. If he averages 5ypc again, then great, but if he averages 3.7-3.9ypc who's fault will it be this time? PC's, I'm sure he'll catch strays.

In before, but he's elite, he's special, he's built different, he trains different, he's AK41 and is better than CMC, etc.

Substitute AK for MT and we had these same exact threads 2 years ago. All they can do is talk about what he did 3 years ago. Cognitive bias about what dudes did in their prime is how we’ve ended up with a team full of old vets with bad contracts.

No one will be happier than if AK has a career and wins comeback POY but I’m realistic and know the sport well enough that the odds are stacked against him.

AK was at his best when he lined up all over the field. Sadly, we didn’t have a “run between the tackles” back worth a flip the last several years so we made AK carry the load. You can haul a trailer with a Porsche but the results are not ideal, and not good for the Porsche.

AK not listed in the top ten. He got 5th honorable mention.

I think that's fair, not all AK's fault for sure, but fair.

You guys (and gals) think fair?

All due to a poor OC and a horrendous o line. I’ll say it again. Kamara and Jamal Williams didn’t suddenly forget how to run the ball after having great seasons just a year prior.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom