Per ESPN NFL Live...... (1 Viewer)

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kolb will be starting......Garcia and Vick were working with the scout offense....Do you think Garcia and Vick can resemble Brees....?:hihi:

They also said they don't know how long it will be before McNabb returns...

Dennis Quaid was also a guest, said his favorite team is the Saints, and also said this is their year, that this team has finally jelled....

Last edited:
For this week, atleast, it doesn't matter who vick can resemble. He'll still be suspended on Sunday.

As mush as i'm thrilled that we're facing a qb with his first start, I still have images of Bruce Gradkowski dancing in my head.

Of course, we did beat another first time starter in Stafford, so perhaps i'm just over reacting.

I'll admit I'm surprised they're gonna sit out Garcia. Figured they'd toss him to the Black and Gold horde instead of the youngster.

I have to update my score prediction now. It was 31-13, now it has to be 40-10.

It's only been one day of practice. It wouldn't surprise me at all if by tomorrow they are singing at different tune about Garcia starting at QB. The offense isn't that much different than what Garcia has been running for the last few years...only the timing with the WR's and terminology is different. They could dumb down the playbook a little and he could be succesful. Also, Garcia is WAY more mobile than Kolb and that may be needed for this week's game.

I'm going with a 70% chance Kolb starts right now. I don't think he'll finish the game, but you can bet Garcia wasn't brought in to just ride as an insurance policy for the next 2 weeks. They know they have a shot at the SB this year and will not let a game against an NFC opponent just slip away.

It's only been one day of practice. It wouldn't surprise me at all if by tomorrow they are singing at different tune about Garcia starting at QB. The offense isn't that much different than what Garcia has been running for the last few years...only the timing with the WR's and terminology is different. They could dumb down the playbook a little and he could be succesful. Also, Garcia is WAY more mobile than Kolb and that may be needed for this week's game.

I'm going with a 70% chance Kolb starts right now. I don't think he'll finish the game, but you can bet Garcia wasn't brought in to just ride as an insurance policy for the next 2 weeks. They know they have a shot at the SB this year and will not let a game against an NFC opponent just slip away.

Nah, Kolb was drafted too high and now he's 2 years in. The will want to give him an opportunity because he is their future.

Perhaps right now Kolb is the starter right now but don't be surprised if that changes before or during the game. To me it seems like they named Kolb the starter to show faith in their backup.

This will be a blow out for the Saints. Brees will throw like a mad Luftwaffe bomber all over on the Eagles defense. I'm pretty sure many on the Eagles defense knows this even now 3-4 days before our game. The only thing that gives me some concern is Jeff Garcia: He was in this situation before with the Eagles 3 years ago. Most in Philly had written off the team after Mcnabb went down, and some even said Andy Reid's job was at serious risk. Garcia took up the burden and won pretty much of all the games he started. He saved there season and probably Andy Reid's job. And he won over a lot of hardcore Eagles fans who are not easy people to win over, even when they gave him a hard time initially.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom