Per ESPN NFL Live...... (2 Viewers)

If McNabb doesn't go (which I hope he doesn't), Kolb will start and Garcia will back him up...

In either case, we probably won't get effective play from our QB position this week...

Perhaps right now Kolb is the starter right now but don't be surprised if that changes before or during the game. To me it seems like they named Kolb the starter to show faith in their backup.

How do you change the starter during a game? Do the eagles have a time machine?

i was actually hoping mcnabb would start - nursing that injury (which would keep him from running) and wearing all that extra protection would have made him less effective, imho

Kolb will be starting......Garcia and Vick were working with the scout offense....Do you think Garcia and Vick can resemble Brees....?:hihi:

They also said they don't know how long it will be before McNabb returns...

Dennis Quaid was also a guest, said his favorite team is the Saints, and also said this is their year, that this team has finally jelled....

jeff garcia is more like drew than almost every other QB in the league....hes pretty small but has great pocket awareness and is pretty accurate....maybe thats another reason they targeted him

I was thinking Tim Couch!!
the browns ruined tim couch.....it wasnt the other way around.....tim couch was set to have a productive NFL career until he got drafted by the browns who have struggled with offensive peronel over the past 20 years....everytime i hear that couch was a bust i laugh and think "if they only knew"......couch wasnt a bust....he got put in a situation where it was a lose-lose....he had no chance of playing well behind a terrible offensive line and had no chance of getting out because he was the franchises future at QB

i wouldnt be suprised if they take kolb out in the 2nd half and put in garcia

Perhaps right now Kolb is the starter right now but don't be surprised if that changes before or during the game. To me it seems like they named Kolb the starter to show faith in their backup.

I expect a quick hook if Kolb starts. Maybe Garcia second half if he does not start. It will be going badly for them by then.

It's "Fresh Meat" again for Jeff Charleston to get some sacks on!
GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!!!!!!!

I don't' care who they start: McNabb ( he won't due to injury but even if somehow they did, he's HURT!), Kolb ( He's FreshMeat) then Garcia hasn't been there long enough to unpack much less have timing with the Offense so it should be just quick routes and slants and a lot of handing the ball off! Let's GEAUX DEFENSE! This could be one where our "D" gets some love and respect around the League

It's only been one day of practice. It wouldn't surprise me at all if by tomorrow they are singing at different tune about Garcia starting at QB. The offense isn't that much different than what Garcia has been running for the last few years...only the timing with the WR's and terminology is different. They could dumb down the playbook a little and he could be succesful. Also, Garcia is WAY more mobile than Kolb and that may be needed for this week's game.

I'm going with a 70% chance Kolb starts right now. I don't think he'll finish the game, but you can bet Garcia wasn't brought in to just ride as an insurance policy for the next 2 weeks. They know they have a shot at the SB this year and will not let a game against an NFC opponent just slip away.

Well we'll just have to do the same thing we did to Garcia in the preseason then.

Less than average QBs have a history of having "career games" against Saints defenses, although I think Kolb will be taken out of the game by an injury (Garcia mounts a comeback), so I will stick w/my prediction of a 20-17 or 23-20 overtime victory for the Saints.

jeff garcia is more like drew than almost every other QB in the league....hes pretty small but has great pocket awareness and is pretty accurate....maybe thats another reason they targeted him

the browns ruined tim couch.....it wasnt the other way around.....tim couch was set to have a productive NFL career until he got drafted by the browns who have struggled with offensive peronel over the past 20 years....everytime i hear that couch was a bust i laugh and think "if they only knew"......couch wasnt a bust....he got put in a situation where it was a lose-lose....he had no chance of playing well behind a terrible offensive line and had no chance of getting out because he was the franchises future at QB

You could make excuses for every qb that busted out of the league. Fact is that Tim was a bust.

Nothing has been set yet on who the starter will be. They aired a quote from Andy Reid saying that McNabb's status is still being evaluated and if he is cleared by the doc and can play then He will.. My guess is that they will look at him hard tomorrow and see if he can block the pain and still make the throws.

You could make excuses for every qb that busted out of the league. Fact is that Tim was a bust.
lol sometimes its not the player....its the team....thats why i laugh at people that have this kind of response.....you cant honestly expect players to go to a bad team and have a great career if the team never tries to get better.....lmao at people with your response

I don't care who starts if our Special Team plays good. Kolb will be playing a half at most, won't be able to keep up with Brees. Garcia will come in at the half, he might make the game interesting if he plays good, which is very doubtful being that he signed on monday and doesn't know the Offense. We will win and it wont even be close. 2-0, get ready for the Bills...

How do you change the starter during a game? Do the eagles have a time machine?
"If time travel isn't possible, then how do you explain Brett Favre playing for the Vikings??? This guy retired like 20 years ago!!!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom