Per Rotoworld Herm Edwards implied Bucs tampered with Faine (1 Viewer)

Let me get this straight. We could possibly receive a draft pick in compensation for this, not to mention we will gain another draft pick for Faine in compensatory picks next year, possibly a 3-4th rounder since he is the highest paid center in the league. Losing Faine for about a 3rd and a 5th sounds like a deal to me. :9:

Not that I think Goodell will do a thing about this...

First and foremost, the only chance the Saints have of receiving ANYTHING is if they were to actually file tampering charges against the Bucs!

Second, we probably will not be getting a comp pick for Faine next year, because the entire formula is based on number of players signed vs. number of players lost. Right now, that is a 3-1 ratio meaning we wouldn't qualify for any comp picks!

Fact of the matter is that the Bucs were willing to give Faine a contract that the Saints were smart enough not to try to even come close to matching! He wasn't worth the amount of money they gave him and it's time to just move on!

Why didn't Tampa get hit with Tampering last year when they brought Charles Grant in for a visit after we already put the franchise tag on him?

Because he was a FA able to negotiate with any team he wanted. We just had the rights to match the offer or take a couple of number 1 picks for him.

In effect it would've been a trade.

be carefull what you wish for... it's not like the saint's haven't "Tampered" with anyone.
as stated above, the thing witht he 9'rs and bears, was it happened way back during the season.

That is right. I knew there was a reason they could get away with it, just didn't remember what it was.

The Saints lost the anchor of the offensive line. A man that came in and instantly brought success to the Saint's line. If tampering had occured.. then Faine was a 1st round pick.

Tampering has always been a selective prosecution. Some of the old-timers around here might remember we had to give our #1 to another team (niners, I think) for Dave Parks back in the early days.

I'm just shocked that the NFL did anything to one of the golden kids (the niners).

Remember when Madden and Summerall caught the niners wrapping a can of silicone spray in a towel and spraying down their jerseys with it against the Saints? (Back around 90-91.)

Madden caught them and kept making jokes about it, including using his magic screen telestrator. Folks thought it was funny, but he wanted to show everybody how the niners were cheaters back during their SuperBowl days.

Oh yeah, the NFL never did a thing about it.

be carefull what you wish for... it's not like the saint's haven't "Tampered" with anyone.
as stated above, the thing witht he 9'rs and bears, was it happened way back during the season.

I don't care about what the saints did in the past, they didn't get caught, if we file charges and the Buc's are caught doing it then thats their problem If we did tamper it's Long gone in the past, we can Nail the Buc's RIGHT NOW red handed! This year!, We'll get another sweet pick and Buc's will Suffer with a Injury prone over paid Faine that will contribute to their failed season up coming.

If I were Loomis Id be working the phone lines right now finding out if I could play this for a pick. It gives us the oppurtunity to hurt a division rival and possibly help ourselves as well, no matter how thin it is Id go for it. Tell the commish that we were so caught off guard by Faine leaving that we had to go sign Lehr as we didnt know what else to do. Those tamperin buccerneers took our center :mad: :rant: :cussing:

Dear god Tampering for Jeff Faine??? I hope he isnt a beast next year.

I think the saints tampered for Tebuckey Jones? lol

I think there might be a difference between the two cases. They were able to show that Briggs talked with the 49ers well in advance (months) before FA. I don't think the Bucs did that with Faine. They probably talked to his agent a few days before, which is ignored usually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom