Per Rotoworld Herm Edwards implied Bucs tampered with Faine (1 Viewer)

What's the highest paid center in the game worth? One that was stolen away by a division rival?

Time for Morris Bart--one call, he does it all. We need to be compensated for some serious injury to our line. :tribe:

I can believe the sneaky Buc's tampered.
(<b>Tamper Bay Buccaneers</b> is a new name we can call them) i say we ride this horse into the season to see where it goes.

Time for Morris Bart--one call, he does it all. We need to be compensated for some serious injury to our line. :tribe:

I kind of do feel like a sleaze bag lawyer type for taking the position I'm taking (see my above post), seeing as most of us feel that we got an upgrade at that position anyway (or at the very least, we didn't suffer any drop off) and that Tampa got ripped off big time with the deal they gave him, but I still think we have an argument for taking some draft ammunition away from Tampa and putting it in our pockets.

If the 40whiners got punished so should Tamper Bay-(tm-dninc)

I agree that Tampa will feel the punishment when their big investment has a case of pms or cramps during the year and sits out 3 weeks and then when he comes back, he doesn't run block worth anything. That being said, I'd love to see some picks come our way...it would help since we (wisely) traded our 4th for Vilma.

I kind of do feel like a sleaze bag lawyer type for taking the position I'm taking (see my above post), seeing as most of us feel that we got an upgrade at that position anyway (or at the very least, we didn't suffer any drop off) and that Tampa got ripped off big time with the deal they gave him, but I still think we have an argument for taking some draft ammunition away from Tampa and putting it in our pockets.

Any move that TB makes that blows up on them, ESPECIALLY if it was done to hurt us, deserves us being able to twist the knife a lil. ;)

I can believe the sneaky Buc's tampered.
(<b>Tamper Bay Buccaneers</b> is a new name we can call them) i say we ride this horse into the season to see where it goes.

I like it, but it makes us sound like some of the jort-wearing fans of the Caroliner Panthers.

Come on Sean, i want that Donut Money.... file charges against the Bucs....

"and Edwards could be placating an angry fan base."

This is probably what went down....the Chiefs are a really bad, think Saints in the 70s, run organization. Their fans are about ready to riot over how bad things are there.

Come on, folks. While I certainly wouldn't argue about getting compensated, everyone is aware the Saints had no ointention of paying Faine the kind of contract he wanted because the coaching staff was actually more pleased with Goodwin. It's a little hard to argue for compensation when the team in question didn't intend on re-signing the player in the first place. Let's not get pie-in-the-sky here. It almost seems more fitting that KC get some osrt of ompensation since they actually wanted him for the high price New Orleans wasn't going to pay.

I tend to think nothing will come os this other than a threatening phone call to the Bucs' and Rams' front offices that they are now on "double-secret probation" and that the NFL will be watching them like a hawk.

Let me get this straight. We could possibly receive a draft pick in compensation for this, not to mention we will gain another draft pick for Faine in compensatory picks next year, possibly a 3-4th rounder since he is the highest paid center in the league. Losing Faine for about a 3rd and a 5th sounds like a deal to me. :9:

Not that I think Goodell will do a thing about this...

I don't know if Tampa will be punished by the league. But they will be punished enough by Faine's play. Good luck with that one. Faine will not live up to that contract. Karma, Baby

Come on, folks. While I certainly wouldn't argue about getting compensated, everyone is aware the Saints had no ointention of paying Faine the kind of contract he wanted because the coaching staff was actually more pleased with Goodwin. It's a little hard to argue for compensation when the team in question didn't intend on re-signing the player in the first place. Let's not get pie-in-the-sky here. It almost seems more fitting that KC get some osrt of ompensation since they actually wanted him for the high price New Orleans wasn't going to pay.

I tend to think nothing will come os this other than a threatening phone call to the Bucs' and Rams' front offices that they are now on "double-secret probation" and that the NFL will be watching them like a hawk.

I disagree 100%. Whether it was known around the league in whispers or via message board that doesn't entitle Tamper Bay or any other team a free pass to tamper with a player. Rules are rules and we will get our compensation due to this sneaky act.
Mark my words

Why didn't Tampa get hit with Tampering last year when they brought Charles Grant in for a visit after we already put the franchise tag on him?

Why didn't Tampa get hit with Tampering last year when they brought Charles Grant in for a visit after we already put the franchise tag on him?

I think because until a franchised player signs it or the deadline for signing the franchise tender passes, he's not restricted in what teams he can visit. This allows teams to decide whether they want to give away 2 first round picks for franchised players (but it really just lets them see players they might want to sign in the future).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom