Per Rotoworld:Roy Williams-WR-Lions (1 Viewer)

i've read just about every Detroit paper and I have yet to see anything about him wanting out of detroit, I think this is all based on the fact his contract is up after next year and well...he plays for Detroit, so put two and two together he wants out and or detroit wants to trade him because they dont think they can resign him.

Wow...what kind of fantasy land is this? You think we are the Pats or something? We will get 2 impact players this offseason in FA and through the draft... maybe 3. How are you going to improve both sides of the ball by landing an expensive wideout when our offense is good enough to begin with? Sure he would be a great addition to our team... but at what cost? I'm not comfy winning games where we HAVE to score 30 to have a chance. A halfway decent D this past season and we could be the Giants instead... having an improbable run to the SB. And I'm glad you know the outcome of the game in advance.

Way to go! That's how to settle for less. This is Mickey Loomis isn't it.

Wow...what kind of fantasy land is this? You think we are the Pats or something? We will get 2 impact players this offseason in FA and through the draft... maybe 3. How are you going to improve both sides of the ball by landing an expensive wideout when our offense is good enough to begin with? Sure he would be a great addition to our team... but at what cost? I'm not comfy winning games where we HAVE to score 30 to have a chance. A halfway decent D this past season and we could be the Giants instead... having an improbable run to the SB. And I'm glad you know the outcome of the game in advance.

You do realize we only have 3 WRs under contract correct? There's no guarantee that the Patten, Devery, and Copper would resign... so why not try getting someone BETTER trhan all of these guys that we're losing?

"Our offense is good enough to begin with" you say... why not try getting better? We tried that "stay stat quo" crap last offseason and it got us 7-9 with a pretty good draft position.

We need to get better... and WR is definitely a position we nee dto upgrade... we dropped ALOT of passes... so yes WR is a position of need.

I say trade for him and see how he does. If he does great then resign him if he does not then let him walk. In the end all we have to have him for is one year.

You do realize we only have 3 WRs under contract correct? There's no guarantee that the Patten, Devery, and Copper would resign... so why not try getting someone BETTER trhan all of these guys that we're losing?

"Our offense is good enough to begin with" you say... why not try getting better? We tried that "stay stat quo" crap last offseason and it got us 7-9 with a pretty good draft position.

We need to get better... and WR is definitely a position we nee dto upgrade... we dropped ALOT of passes... so yes WR is a position of need.

I agree with you that WR is a position of need...but the OP was about spending a 2nd rounder to get Roy Williams. We need one WR to upgrade that corps significantly provided Meachem can get on the field in 08 (and if we re-sign Patten). On D we all pretty much agree we need a DT, 2 LB's, S, and 2 CB (due to MM's injury). We can agree to disagree, but I just feel like we can be more balanced by using that pick to get one of these defensive needs filled- either in FA or the draft. It just seems like the opportunity cost associated with this scenario is awfully high given how much help we need on D. JMHO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom