Per Rotoworld:Roy Williams-WR-Lions (1 Viewer)

Here's what I don't understand... people always want to shun the WR position as a position of need heading into this offseason... we pass the ball damm-near 40 times per game... and we have Colston, an unproven Meachem, and an underachieving Lance Moore on the roster as our only WRs that are under contract...

what's the deal?

Do y'all want to put some of these defensive players y'all target at WR? I wonder if briggs can play the slot... maybe Asante "Toast" Samuel can be our #2... he's quick enough...

give me a friggin break... I'd take him for a 2nd... hell I was hoping Marvin Lewis wanted to get rid of Ocho I'd damm sure give a 2nd rounder for him.

We pass the ball way too much not to fill our WR corp with horses...

It's not like said passing has been ineffective... though I do agree with acquiring a premier WR for the right price. Personally, I feel like one of our top 2 wideouts is currently busy taking handoffs, and I can't shake the feeling of wanting to at least try him at WR.

I want to put some of the defensive players I'd target on defense, so that our defense isn't full of easy targets. Our defense is the biggest reason why we can't come back late and win games, should the need arise. We pretty much have to either get a lead early or quit watching midway thru the third quarter.

Maybe it is just me, but I think Roy Williams is worth of a first rounder. I think he is better than any receiver that would be taken with the first round this year.

For that reason, I don't see the saints going after him. I know Millen is the the best GM, but I don't think he would take a second rounder for him.

Please don't bring him to New Orleans!!!!!

signed - the New Orleans Pizza Delivery Guys

Seriously, I'd be very happy paying the money for a Roy Williams or Chad Johnson. Picking up one of these guys shouldn't deter us from signing a couple of defensive players. And we are going to make some offensive changes/additions - WR, OL, TE come to mind immediately.

I would have made the trade the Chargers made for Chambers.

I'd certainly make the trade for Williams, but I suspect the price is going to be just a tad higher than a 2nd--more like a 2nd and another pick--which makes him slightly less attractive. At times in 2006, I thought he was the best overall receiver in the NFL.

Also consider that with a short Drew Brees at quarterback, having tall receivers is a good thing.

I would have made the trade the Chargers made for Chambers.

I'd certainly make the trade for Williams, but I suspect the price is going to be just a tad higher than a 2nd--more like a 2nd and another pick--which makes him slightly less attractive. At times in 2006, I thought he was the best overall receiver in the NFL.

Also consider that with a short Drew Brees at quarterback, having tall receivers is a good thing.

I wouldn't have made the Chambers trade but i'll back Shawn up on Roy Williams. If he checks out medically he's worth a late first rounder.

I wouldn't have made the Chambers trade but i'll back Shawn up on Roy Williams. If he checks out medically he's worth a late first rounder.

I admit that I was always intrigued by Chambers, and he never seemed to have a good QB throwing to him.

And I was willing to slightly overpay, because 1) I thought receiver was a problem for us, and it was clear that Meachem wasn't going to get it done 2) It's about critical mass, especially on offense--I bet that with Chambers playing opposite Colston, our run blocking would have suddenly looked much better.

I thought the Dolphins were complete idiots to unload him.

Anyway, sometimes I think it's OK to overpay a little, especially when a player becomes available that fits your needs so perfectly.

I admit that I was always intrigued by Chambers, and he never seemed to have a good QB throwing to him.

And I was willing to slightly overpay, because 1) I thought receiver was a problem for us, and it was clear that Meachem wasn't going to get it done 2) It's about critical mass, especially on offense--I bet that with Chambers playing opposite Colston, our run blocking would have suddenly looked much better.

I thought the Dolphins were complete idiots to unload him.

Anyway, sometimes I think it's OK to overpay a little, especially when a player becomes available that fits your needs so perfectly.

do you remember Haslett was hot and heavy for Chambers and was trying to trade up to get him and couldn't swing a deal. Miami wound up trading up right before the Saints' pick and taking him, so the Saints decided to trade down at that point. If Haslett had his way, Chambers would have been a Saint a while back. /irrelevant post off

do you remember Haslett was hot and heavy for Chambers and was trying to trade up to get him and couldn't swing a deal. Miami wound up trading up right before the Saints' pick and taking him, so the Saints decided to trade down at that point. If Haslett had his way, Chambers would have been a Saint a while back. /irrelevant post off

That's probably why I always paid a little more attention to him.

It was hard to tell whether he was just a tease player, or a good player without a strong enough supporting cast.

He looked pretty fantastic in San Diego this year.

it would be amazing to add a WR of Roy Williams caliber to this team...HOWEVER i would make sure we take care of Colston first! Give him the contract he deserves, and the contract that keeps him a saint for a very long time! We need to add a DT, a CB and a LB far and away more importantly than a WR. If we can address those 3 defensive positions in fa and/or the draft and add Roy Williams to the mold...WOW...that would be amazing, and I would be praising the front office!!

Roy Williams would be amazing to add, but not before we take care of other needs!

The Falcons have a pair of 2nd rounders this year, and they could certainly use a #1 WR. Roy Williams and Roddy White would make a formidable 1-2 punch.

it would be amazing to add a WR of Roy Williams caliber to this team...HOWEVER i would make sure we take care of Colston first! Give him the contract he deserves, and the contract that keeps him a saint for a very long time! We need to add a DT, a CB and a LB far and away more importantly than a WR. If we can address those 3 defensive positions in fa and/or the draft and add Roy Williams to the mold...WOW...that would be amazing, and I would be praising the front office!!

Roy Williams would be amazing to add, but not before we take care of other needs!

I don't think the team can address certain positions at the exact time they want to. If a trade for Roy Williams were to happen it would be before the draft most likely. They have to improve the team whenever the right opportunities present themselves. They can't just sit by and choose their spots.

If a trade were to happen it doesn't mean the front office is any less focused on improving the D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom