Per Rotoworld:Roy Williams-WR-Lions (1 Viewer)

Gangsta

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld:

Roy Williams-WR-Lions Jan. 13 - 12:16 pm et

MLive.com's Tom Kowalski believes the Lions will dangle Roy Williams in trade talks leading up to April's NFL Draft.
Williams will enter a contract year in 2008 and Kowalski expects him to leave in 2009 if the Lions can't execute a trade. If Williams is dealt, Calvin Johnson would take over as Detroit's "No. 1" receiver. Williams, the No. 7 overall pick in 2004, should at least command a second-round pick as compensation.
Source: MLive.com
Related: Calvin Johnson

Would you trade are second round pick for him ???

We already have a Williams type receiver in Colston.

williams is not a colston reciver Williams is alot faster and quicker and i would love to have him. But we need a defense

We've been looking for another WR for a while now. I'm sure that we will at least attempt to go after him.

No a team will trade a 1st round pick for him in the end and it is not the pick that bother me it is the money that we will have tied up in WR.

Why would we trade for Williams and sign him to an extension when we have to sign Colston to an extension. If we did it we would have 2 WRs making 8-10 million a year.

Pfft! I'd take Williams for a 2nd in a heartbeat. He is one of the best young WRs in the NFL (when healthy)... he has size, hands, and good speed.

I mean... really... after Colston... we don't have a heck of a lot at the WR position....

Devery, Patten, and Copper might not be back next season... Moore is still green and has not proven he can be a #2 WR.... Meachem is an unknown.

Heck... we are a Colston injury from having exactly "zero" starting WRs on this team... and we pass the ball more than any team in the NFL!

If we can get a proven young stud like Williams for a 2nd... we better jump on that.

Last edited:
We already have a Williams type receiver in Colston.

Williams is a different receiver. Marcus Colston couldn't catch Roy Williams even if Williams was strapped with 20 pound weights.

I'm not advocating going after Williams because frankly I think he's underachieved regardless of who the QB is, but outside of size and hands, they bring different attributes to the table.

No a team will trade a 1st round pick for him in the end and it is not the pick that bother me it is the money that we will have tied up in WR.

Why would we trade for Williams and sign him to an extension when we have to sign Colston to an extension. If we did it we would have 2 WRs making 8-10 million a year.

Sorry but Moss went for a 4th and Roy will not go fo more then a 3rd IMO. No big mouth WR is worth more then a 3rd especially one that has a huge Cap # and is only under contract for one more season.

What's the problem with that?:dunno:

We have two RBs making big money. Seeing as we pass the ball 100 times a game money in WRs seems to be a sound investment.

Williams is a different receiver. Marcus Colston couldn't catch Roy Williams even if Williams was strapped with 20 pound weights.

I'm not advocating going after Williams because frankly I think he's underachieved regardless of who the QB is, but outside of size and hands, they bring different attributes to the table.

Williams is that much faster than Colston? So he's morelike in a Andre Johnson kind of mold?

Sorry but Moss went for a 4th and Roy will not go fo more then a 3rd IMO. No big mouth WR is worth more then a 3rd especially one that has a huge Cap # and is only under contract for one more season.

Moss came with a ton of baggage at 31 and Williams is a bonafide #1 WR who is 26 years old. The Moss for a 4th will never happen again the only reason it happened was they wanted him out of Oakland fast.

Yeah, we prefer the little mouth receivers that cost nothing and drop passes. He's not a Payton type of player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom