Per Schefter....Regarding Nnamdi Asomugha (mod edit) (1 Viewer)

1 mln per season? If that's true, whoa, loomis got a steal

How would that be a steal? Gallete is a former UDFA who's never started a game.

I bet his deal has a bunch of incentives and escalators in it.

Galette's deal will not affect the cap much if at all. He signed a 3 year $3.6M deal.

Per Rotoworld

Thanks. Still odd that Sportrac hasn't updated yet. They don't even have his previous figures listed right now which they did have last week, just blank cells in each column for him. They updated the figures for Smith and Vilma within 24 hours and took Herring off the roster within an hour of his release.

According to his tweet his contract was 3 years, $12 mil. Didn't think it would be that high.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Every single Day Ordinary People Live <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Extraordinary">#Extraordinary</a> Dreams! 12 Milli To kick My Feet Up Get Ready This Is Da <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23ReUp">#ReUp</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NuLa">#NuLa</a></p>&mdash; JUNIOR GALETTE (@JuniorG93) <a href="https://twitter.com/JuniorG93/status/310520040128667649">March 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I had to google the feet up lyric I knew it sounded familiar. Looks like JG listens to Nicki Minaj...

How would that be a steal? Gallete is a former UDFA who's never started a game.

I bet his deal has a bunch of incentives and escalators in it.
Even without starting a game he's been our best pass rusher. If you care to look at the contracts out there (i.e. walden), then yes, it's a steal (esp considering at the beginning it was reported a 3y12mln)

He was raised in California his entire childhood. There appears to be no sentimental connection with him being born in Lafayette.

I was born in Vicksburg, Mississippi.

Grew up, raised, graduated..etc.etc in Louisiana. La is my home.

But he was raised in california.

But....Born in Lafayette implies that their must be family...a grandmother, cousins, etc...with NFL money family can be very mobile and how many folks, like N.A.'s family would love to come back home to Louisiana....:scratch:

I have lived in Texas since Katrina but I will ALWAYS be a New Orleanian...I know that's different but I miss NOLA everyday!

But....Born in Lafayette implies that their must be family...a grandmother, cousins, etc...with NFL money family can be very mobile and how many folks, like N.A.'s family would love to come back home to Louisiana....:scratch:

I have lived in Texas since Katrina but I will ALWAYS be a New Orleanian...I know that's different but I miss NOLA everyday!

You're really stretching it.

It's moot anyway because we're signing Lewis today; a better player, young most importantly, and an actual local guy.

The story among my friends is that his mother worked at a doughnut shop on Johnston St. near Alesi's Pizza, that served castle burgers late night called Tastee Doughnuts. I grew-up 4 blocks down the street. The place was owned by my 6th grade teacher.

I always remember they had women who would work late night shifts, while going to school at UL. The connection to Lafayette may only be that his mother was a foreign exchange student who lived here for no more than a year, or 2. I can't verify, but it seems to be a fact in conversations with my friends.

Nicki Minaj called Justin Beiber gay and I can't stand Justin Beiber, that smug look makes me wish someone would punch him. I have never listened to her songs but she gets props from me. Maybe Junior will picture some QB's as Minaj and crush them this season ;)

Mike Garafolo &#8207;@MikeGarafolo
Nnamdi Asomugha's visit with SF is later today. That makes a ton of sense with as much man coverage as they play in that system.

San Fran is the team to beat for everyone this free agency it seems.

Wow....just two years ago, the Saints seemed to be the "destination" team. Are we missing out on players because we are not offering the most money or has the shine worn off and no one thinks of the Saints as the prize in the bottom of the Crackerjack Box?

Not sure what to think of all this? Still may be too soon to worry about, but free agency has not been to kind so far to the Saints.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Wow....just two years ago, the Saints seemed to be the "destination" team. Are we missing out on players because we are not offering the most money or has the shine worn off and no one thinks of the Saints as the prize in the bottom of the Crackerjack Box?

Not sure what to think of all this? Still may be too soon to worry about, but free agency has not been to kind so far to the Saints.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

No. We are simply not pushing as hard as other teams because a) we have very little cap room and b) good teams never over pay in FA. Look at Steelers, Packers, Giants, Ravens, Pats. Same as us. This is the right way to do it. Miami and Indy etc are going to regret many of these moves... Just look at the Eagles. That cost Reid his job.

No. We are simply not pushing as hard as other teams because a) we have very little cap room and b) good teams never over pay in FA. Look at Steelers, Packers, Giants, Ravens, Pats. Same as us. This is the right way to do it. Miami and Indy etc are going to regret many of these moves... Just look at the Eagles. That cost Reid his job.

Niners have less cap space than we do, or it's very close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom