Per Underhill Winston deal could count against comp picks (1 Viewer)

Someone out there complained. PRobably whomever is annoyed that we snaked them in the draft to get Stevens. Like he's some end all cog to a grand machine.

Or it could be Sean Payton constantly trolling Goodell and the NFL. The whole snack thing during the draft seemed unnecessary.

Or it could be Sean Payton constantly trolling Goodell and the NFL. The whole snack thing during the draft seemed unnecessary.

If Goodell feels the need to change the rules he set because a coach had some fun with some snacks in his home, then I think that validates what I and others are saying about how the league is going after the Saints.

If Goodell feels the need to change the rules he set because a coach had some fun with some snacks in his home, then I think that validates what I and others are saying about how the league is going after the Saints.

Goodell can't change the rules of the comp draft system WITHOUT approval of the NFLPA. The formula used is a side negotiation with the union. This NFL hates the Saints and intends to screw them is getting old and simply not true.

To me it seems like common sense. Goodell can’t fire him, but he can make his life a living hell. People say that the no call was because the NFL wanted an LA team in the Super Bowl, but I’m starting to believe it’s because Goodell doesn’t want Payton in the Super Bowl. Not the Saints, but Payton. Unfortunately, the Saints get dragged into this petty war because it’s Payton’s team. It was pretty blatant how much the Saints were getting screwed by the refs last season as well until members in the media were calling it out, then all of a sudden it wasn’t as bad.

Goodell can't change the rules of the comp draft system WITHOUT approval of the NFLPA. The formula used is a side negotiation with the union. This NFL hates the Saints and intends to screw them is getting old and simply not true.

Has there ever been an example of a team signing a player after the comp pick deadline and still being subject to losing comp pick capital?

Last edited:
To me it seems like common sense. Goodell can’t fire him, but he can make his life a living hell. People say that the no call was because the NFL wanted an LA team in the Super Bowl, but I’m starting to believe it’s because Goodell doesn’t want Payton in the Super Bowl. Not the Saints, but Payton. Unfortunately, the Saints get dragged into this petty war because it’s Payton’s team. It was pretty blatant how much the Saints were getting screwed by the refs last season as well until members in the media were calling it out, then all of a sudden it wasn’t as bad.

Doesn’t make it right.

Doesn’t make it right.

I never said that it was right, I’m just saying that it’s unnecessary for Payton to keep piling it on. At this point I don’t think that it matters as it’s already gone too far.

I can't see him affecting the potential 3rd round pick we should get for Bridgewater even if he maxes out at 4M or whatever his incentives would bring him to. I would think that would take away the 6th round pick we should get for Klein. We'd likely trade that pick anyway or use it on a long-shot DT we want to try out at H-back or punt returner.

I never said that it was right, I’m just saying that it’s unnecessary for Payton to keep piling it on. At this point I don’t think that it matters as it’s already gone too far.
How would you feel if you found out that the commissioner was pushing your owner to fire you after you already rendered an unprecedented penalty on him for what he "should have known"? I would think that would lead to a little bad blood.

How would you feel if you found out that the commissioner was pushing your owner to fire you after you already rendered an unprecedented penalty on him for what he "should have known"? I would think that would lead to a little bad blood.

I completely understand, the only thing that I’m saying is that it’s pointless to keep pushing the matter. At some point it seems better to try to get under the radar rather than to keep poking the bear.

I completely understand, the only thing that I’m saying is that it’s pointless to keep pushing the matter. At some point it seems better to try to get under the radar rather than to keep poking the bear.
Maybe. But the drinks/snacks thing did not seem to be a big deal. Reporters just wanted to make it a big deal.

You don't even get compensatory picks for signings from your practice squad. How the hell do you get picks for somebody you RELEASED.

You don't even get compensatory picks for signings from your practice squad. How the hell do you get picks for somebody you RELEASED.

They didn't release Winston, they just let his contract expire

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom