Pereira explains replay foul up. (2 Viewers)

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He was on total access just a few minutes ago and said that what happened was that the system had froze up and by rule they only have 2min to fix a problem. Since they couldn't get it back up in time the play has to stand as called and the the Saints were NOT charged a timeout and were NOT charged with the first challenge. From what I was able to find on how the system works it sounds like the servers in the officials booth upstairs is where the problem was and that the system had to be rebooted.

Yeah, I saw that. It is what it is.......which is water under the bridge now because the Saints won. I'm just happy they came out of the game with a win. :9:

Even so, somebody should be held responsible. This is the NFL, not prep football. It is their responsibility to ensure that eveything is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's s still BS. What if that would have happened on the game-winning catch in the Super Bowl last year? I bet they'd get it right then instead of saying "O SORY LULZ IT'S BROKED TOO BAD"

thats why I think the feeds should come from the network truck. even if they have a problem with the truck they can back it up from the main network system. the networks even have analog phone line as backup if the sat-link fails. the network truck has more redundant backup than the space shuttle

I just don't understand why there is not backup process. This is the NFL, not a Wendy's frosty machine!!

Even so, somebody should be held responsible. This is the NFL, not prep football. It is their responsibility to ensure that eveything is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He stated that it was tested and working before the game. This just happened to be the first time it was needed during the game.

thats why I think the feeds should come from the network truck. even if they have a problem with the truck they can back it up from the main network system. the networks even have analog phone line as backup if the sat-link fails. the network truck has more redundant backup than the space shuttle

The feed does start with the network truck.
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/fe...e-nfl-instant-replay-system.html?print_page=y

Just curious, couldn't they use the jumbotron as the backup? ("Okay, everybody in the stadium needs to close their eyes for a minute while I watch this.....")

Your computer has never frozen up for no reason? S(p)it happens. Thankfully we still won the game. We got our fair share of breaks Sunday, so things (as so often happens in life) eventually evened out in the end.

The replay system malfunctioning is an issue once or twice a year at most. Considering how many games they play and how many replays they utilize per game that's a pretty good percentage. It sucked hard when it happened but its time to move on.

I've lost all faith in Pereira in the last season and a half. Even this explanation which is pretty reasonable is suspect after I have seen him twist and turn on the truth to make his officials look better than they should when they make dumb mistakes.

i dunno, there obviously needs to be some sort of rule in case the system isn't working....i don't really have a problem with the rule itself....

the timing was pretty bad but the rule is necessary

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom