"Perfect" albums (2 Viewers)

You can't go wrong with those two.

It's tough for me because I liked all their early stuff.

But definitely the first album "Van Halen".

I've most likely listened to those albums but I wanted to get a fans opinion. And since you're my mortal enemy, if I happened to not like them(won't happen) I can easily blame you for lying to me.

Nice choice.

I didn't think about that.

Licensed to ill is one of the very few albums i had on cassette, where I’d put it in, listen to every note on every song, then flip it over and do the same with every song on the other side.. at least a couple hundred times.. and wore it out to the point where I had to buy another copy.

Licensed to ill is one of the very few albums i had on cassette, where I’d put it in, listen to every note on every song, then flip it over and do the same with every song on the other side.. at least a couple hundred times.. and wore it out to the point where I had to buy another copy.
all of same

Same here.

My first thought when I think of that album is "wiffle ball bat".

I'm pretty twisted.

But it was a fun album.

Not a bad song on it.

1. Journey- Escape
2. Styx- Paradise Theater
3 Queen- News of the World
4. Meatloaf- Bat Out of Hell

These are the albums I go to when are start to fall asleep on long drives. Just playing one will jeep me awake for an hour or so.

Had no idea that Lowell George spent some time with the Meters. I only know of him from his work with Little Feat.

Thank You for enlightening me.
Just that one album.

It never got much respect in sales.

The album opens with a little feat cover sailin shoes and it is way funky. Has a couple great Allen toussaint covers. Was recorded at Allen's studio for all the stuff with the meters and in new York and the backup band was basically the band stuff. That is Richard Tee, Cornell Dupre, and Bernard Perdy. All spectacular session guys.

It is not like any Robert Palmer that got air play it is funky with Lowell's slide ripping on most tracks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom