Moving Pictures Rush
Escape Journey
Pyromania Def Leppard
Back in Black AC/DC
Ten Pearl Jam
Tigerlilly Natalie Merchant
Our Time in Eden 10,000 Maniacs
Born to Run Bruce Springsteen

Natalie Merchant and AC/DC.. i like your eclecticism (eclecticness?).. I have NWA and Gordon Lightfoot on my workout playlist.. Gordon is for the cool down

A few have been mentioned (Ten, Master of Puppets, Licenced to Ill, etc), but I'll toss in Smashing Pumpkins - Gish as well.
KoRn's debut album from front to back is amazing.
The Joy Formidable - Big Roar

Sevendust - Animosity
Centaur - In Streams
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
RATM's debut album
Caspian - Waking Season, Please enjoy:

Cloudkicker - Beacons (one-man band, the dude writes/plays all of the instruments, then mixes everything, plus no vocals), all of his stuff is amazing but Beacons is his best work so far...
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
AIC - Dirt
Metallica - And Justice For All

I'll think of more in the coming days...

Last edited:
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

YES - Close to the Edge

Queen - A Night at the Opera

Over the years I’ve learned a lot about music - and one of those things is that anyone who puts these three albums in the top of their “perfect records” list smokes a lot of weed.

Last edited:
Rumors
Thriller
A Night at the Oprah
Purple Rain
Synchronicity
Pet Sounds
Sargent pepper
Appetite For Destruction
Physical Graffiti

I also really liked Radio Head, the Bends. Their second album. Most people just know their first one and OK Computer (their third), but their second was brilliant.

IMO, by far their best album... The magic kicks in at 3:00 for this song...

Met a girl from Chicago when I was in Florida on vacation. 13 years old drinking mad dog 20/20 screwing around in the sand. Girl had one of those mini boom box type radios with D size batteries with a mix tape playing. Rhinoceros came on and I was introduced to Smashing Pumpkins. What a great night during such an amazing time to be alive.

We stayed in touch some after that. When I was 15, she called me out the blue and had tickets to SP concert in Chicago. Told my parents I was going camping for the weekend with friends and drove to Chicago.

Got to love the memories made with music. If the music isn't good you don't remember that part in the memories. If the music is good it's intertwined.

Met a girl from Chicago when I was in Florida on vacation. 13 years old drinking mad dog 20/20 screwing around in the sand. Girl had one of those mini boom box type radios with D size batteries with a mix tape playing. Rhinoceros came on and I was introduced to Smashing Pumpkins. What a great night during such an amazing time to be alive.

We stayed in touch some after that. When I was 15, she called me out the blue and had tickets to SP concert in Chicago. Told my parents I was going camping for the weekend with friends and drove to Chicago.

Got to love the memories made with music. If the music isn't good you don't remember that part in the memories. If the music is good it's intertwined.

Love that song! Rocket is one of my favorites also.

It's tough to name something that hasn't already been listed so I'll go the hiphop route since we havent had many there.

Jay Z The Blueprint, Nas Illmatic and It Was Written and...Outkast's...
Geez, I'd say their whole catalog minus Big Boi's side of the double album.

Natalie Merchant and AC/DC.. i like your eclecticism (eclecticness?).. I have NWA and Gordon Lightfoot on my workout playlist.. Gordon is for the cool down
In my playlist Filter's (Can't You) Trip like I Do is followed by Gordon Lightfoot's Carefree Highway :)

Odd pairings can be the source of another thread

My hot take - Juvenile's “400 Degreez” is the best rap album ever made. Great from start to finish.

It has mainstream classics everyone has heard of as well as non-mainstream classics. Even the silly skits on it are classics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom