Perfect example of Any Given Sunday! (1 Viewer)

Gotta love these newer fans. Play great football all season and they’re crowning us Super Bowl champs. Play one bad game and this team doesn’t stand a chance in the playoffs.

It was a bad game. End of story. ATL played lights out. We shot ourselves in the foot and played bad football.

Bet your butt this week’s practice is gonna be hell and we look like a completely different team next week. We’re still 7-2. People need to calm down ?

Yeap. People on here were so confident we were going to blow out this team. I can tell by all the thread created last week relating to the Falcons. I don't care how many time we beat them, I never underestimate them. I was nervous and wasn't so sure.

Gotta love these newer fans. Play great football all season and they’re crowning us Super Bowl champs. Play one bad game and this team doesn’t stand a chance in the playoffs.

It was a bad game. End of story. ATL played lights out. We shot ourselves in the foot and played bad football.

Bet your butt this week’s practice is gonna be hell and we look like a completely different team next week. We’re still 7-2. People need to calm down ?

SP needs to be at the front of the line doing up-downs and laps and ...

Most of this lays right at his feet!

He led by example - the Engagement Party was more important than this game!

NOT!

This was a perfect example of a, umm, "team" not showing up to Play their Butts off for SIXTY MINUTES!

Talk about a sad effort and, umm, performance.

So what you’re saying is that any given Sunday, a good team may underachieve and any given Sunday, a bad team might overachieve?

The season is not over, most fans know it. One loss, by itself would not cause panic.
But it's not like the Falcons won on a last second field goal or a 2 min TD.
They outplayed the saints for 4 Q!!
SP and company did not adjust enough to at least bring the Saints close to being even.

THAT hurts!!!

Guess I didn’t see those threads. ?
Seen too many Saints Falcons games over 40 years to ever predict that.
There was a bunch last week. There were one or two people making thread everyday about the Falcons and making fun of them. For me personally, I was too worry about how the team was a little too overconfident with themselves.

So what you’re saying is that any given Sunday, a good team may underachieve and any given Sunday, a bad team might overachieve?

Only if what you saw today fits into "underachieving".

To me "Any given Sunday" implies that both teams showed up and the underdog got the better of the favorite.

The Saints didn't show up.

Including the coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom