Perfect Season: Does Anyone Find It Odd That (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Whether you like it are not, even though it is early, folks are starting to openly discuss the possibility of a perfect season and the Saints in the same sentence.

The only two teams to have a perfect regular season are the Miami Dolphins (eventual Superbowl Champions) and the New England Patriots(eventual Superbowl runners-up); two AFC East teams and even though we are an NFC team, we face them both this season. This is shaping up to be, arguably the best season in Saints' History.

We are definitely going to be undeafeted when we will face the Miami Dolphins and there is a legitimate shot of us facing the New England Patriots as an undefeated team as well.

Is there something poetic about that? Do you feel the stars aligning for something special this year?

And before the Debbie Downers come in decrying how it's far too early and basically placing liquid waste on the optimistic Saints fans' parade, just save us all the trouble and post somewhere else about how Reggie Bush is the cause of poverty, world hunger and sick children. Ok, maybe that was a little too rough or maybe just maybe you deserved it. LOL!

But seriously, this team has a magical feel about it. Does anyone else think that us facing the only two franchises in the NFL with perfect seasons, THIS SEASON has some poetic meaning?

Last edited:
It is poetic. Can't help but recall that ESPN video of those guys in the office writing the script for this NFL season.

This season is absolutely special, looking at a schedule with the remaining teams currently having a 25-48 record, it does make me want to lick my chops.

Especially with most "pivotal" games at home (save the divisional away games vs. the clowns and kittens) we have a shot for perfection, but I havent really gotten my brain to be able to handle that because:

a) I absolutely could not handle the stress during the playoffs
b) I would not be able to live it down if we pulled a patriot act (sorry best term I could think of)

In a way I hope we for and against a perfect regular season. I think a lose to the patriots or any team worse than that would actually end up both grounding the team and coaching staff AND re-light a fire under then to make sure they don't fall victim to anyone else until they hoist that trophy.

Regardless though, the people that still have a little ounce of hope in their bellies deserve to dream as big as they want to.

So for the bitter people, who yes 1000% deserve their opinions because of what PRIOR teams did to your soul, let the younger folks talk the talk, when THIS team can clearly walk the walk, man that sounds silly but its true :hihi:

While I have given thought to the realization of a perfect season, I'm not putting too much into it right now. There are too many games left to be played.

Do I want it? Of course I do. I would lose my friggin mind and probably drink myself mentally challenged if it happened. But I'm doing my best to stay grounded and take it one week at a time.

While I have given thought to the realization of a perfect season, I'm not putting too much into it right now. There are too many games left to be played.

Do I want it? Of course I do. I would lose my friggin mind and probably drink myself mentally challenged if it happened. But I'm doing my best to stay grounded and take it one week at a time.

My frat brother and one of my best friends is a huge Saints fan like myself, every week when we talk after the game, the first thing he says is "Bruh, I am just trying to keep my feet on the ground."

He doesn't want to eat the cheese and drink the Kool-Aid just yet but he is finding it irresistible.

My frat brother and one of my best friends is a huge Saints fan like myself, every week when we talk after the game, the first thing he says is "Bruh, I am just trying to keep my feet on the ground."

He doesn't want to eat the cheese and drink the Kool-Aid just yet but he is finding it irresistible.

It's tough, no doubt.

Every week I start off nervous but after I put everything in perspective I gain full confidence. Right now I'm 100% confident that we get the W this week. It gets easier and easier.

It's tough, no doubt.

Every week I start off nervous but after I put everything in perspective I gain full confidence. Right now I'm 100% confident that we get the W this week. It gets easier and easier.

Same here. I used to look at all Saints game from an emotional standpoint. Now with this team and the clinical cerebral approach on both sides of the ball, I look at the breakdown with emotional detachment in evaluating who should win.

Prior to the Giants game, I told my brother, the Giants don't scare me in the least, we will destroy them but the team that I hope the Saints are taking serious is the Dolphins.

They better come in with their game plan tight and ready. And honestly, I think they will. Coaches Payton and Williams along with Brees, Vilma and Sharper will NOT allow our boys coming in with a sense of entitlement.

And the more I look at Miami's defense, the more I think Brees and the Weapons of Pass Destruction are licking their chops. They are ready.

Like it or not, it is way too premature to believe a perfect season is possible. Dream, fine. Hope, of course. But the Saints have the Dolphins, Patriots, Dallas and all six division games left on the schedule. While I may dream of an undefeated season, I don't think I will consider it a real possibility until the Saints go 12-0.

Still less than 1% chance of that. If we win these next two, it's way too early, but could at least be plausible to discuss for the uber-Kool Aid filled. I do think if we win the next two I'll start to talk/think seriously about being undefeated going into the Pats game. Only after the Pats game would I start to seriously ponder 16-0.

Like it or not, it is way too premature to believe a perfect season is possible. Dream, fine. Hope, of course. But the Saints have the Dolphins, Patriots, Dallas and all six division games left on the schedule. While I may dream of an undefeated season, I don't think I will consider it a real possibility until the Saints go 12-0.
I'm one game ahead of you, though certainly bad Redskins teams have been known to surprise us.

I know exactly why people say this. BUT ... BUT .... it does appear that we have the team that is playing like the team we have all been waiting for. Who knows what's going to happen, but I think you can give yourselves permission to start to enjoy it. The other Saints shoe might not drop this year.

Isn't it nice to get some respect finally? It seems to be growing with every win. As it should be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom