Perfect Season: Does Anyone Find It Odd That (1 Viewer)

It is early to talk about an undefeated season but with this team bieng so complete I can see why we would at least see the possibillity. In the past when a team with a good pass rush, and pass coverage, would shut Drew down we would lose. This team prevents that by not letting defensive coordinators focus on one aspect of this offense, not to mention a top 10 defense, which with turnovers makes this defense one of the best in the league. We may not go 16-0, but this defiantely has the makings of a 14-2 team or better. Just give Drew home field avantage, and its over.

Special, yes. Coach Payton and Coach Brees, and Coach gg have this team believing in themselves. They believe they are special, and it's their year.

Undefeated? I think it's real early to predict. I would say the chances are around 5% for the regular season, and 1% for the entire season. People spend lots of money on far longer odds than that, so I guess it's OK to talk about it. Now,,, if we hit the midway point at 8-0, the probabilities jump up considerably.

A 19-0 season would be awesome, but I have a feeling there would be an asterisk by the record. The footnote would say "Very weak schedule", or "Fluky lack of good teams in the NFL that year", or "Drew Brees was ruled unfair by Commisioner". Oh well, we're used to it. :hihi:

Talk about an undefeated season shouldn't start till we face the Falclowns the second time around.....if we can be a 13&0 team......then yes! Undefeated is more than likely. But we do have 2 extremely hard games on our schedule....against the Pats in our Thunder Dome, and against the Falcons in Hotlanta......if we win those 2 games.....we'll be undefeated.....I even venture to say that we won't be losing any game in our house.....so in essence we have only one hard game. Against the Crows, in their house!!

Now you start to see the hatred against them start to boil over.......how many times did we managed to stand on the brink of success......in order to be pulled back by those ugly dirty birds? They were the only team which found a way to derail our team from prominence.......

I hate them dirty birds more than anything!......I said long time ago, that being successful, we need to beat them twice/season......I will be satisfied to do that!......the rest will fall in place after that!

This season is absolutely special, looking at a schedule with the remaining teams currently having a 25-48 record, it does make me want to lick my chops.

Especially with most "pivotal" games at home (save the divisional away games vs. the clowns and kittens) we have a shot for perfection, but I havent really gotten my brain to be able to handle that because:

a) I absolutely could not handle the stress during the playoffs
b) I would not be able to live it down if we pulled a patriot act (sorry best term I could think of)

Xanax works wonders for this!

As crazy as it sounds, and I'll probably be flamed for this, I kinda hope we do lose one down the road.

It would eliminate that distraction all together and let this team focus on the true goal of winning a championship. I would rather be a 1 loss team with a title than be like the Patriots a few years ago.

FWIW, I don't think focus is a problem with this team right now. In fact, I have never seen a Saints team so focused week in and week out. But if we start to get close to that undefeated, the Media would make sure we couldn't think of anything else.

I told my doctor I had a going problem. He told me I had a GROWing problem.

Well, after every game I remind my friends that we're going to win the Super Bowl. We're already halfway to the 10 wins that are pretty much essential to make it to the post-season.

Well, after every game I remind my friends that we're going to win the Super Bowl. We're already halfway to the 10 wins that are pretty much essential to make it to the post-season.

You think 10 wins does it? Like a Wildcard spot? I agree but I do think HFA is going to be somewhere around 13-15 win range.

NFC West Winner will probably be around 9 wins
NFC North 12-13 wins if it's the Vikings and they go around 6-4 from here on out.
NFC East 10-12 wins if the Giants win it and go 6-4.
NFC South 14-16 when the Saints win it and anywhere around 9-2.

Well, we faced and beat Miami and now, here we stand at 10-0 ready to face the Pats.

There is a karmic balance to this game. The Dolphins had the perfect season, winning the Super Bowl but it was 14 games. The Pats had the perfect season and went 18-0 but they didn't win the Super Bowl. We have an opportunity to combine the best season in modern football with a Super Bowl.

I think we shock the media and win this game by 3-4 TDs and all we will here about is how this was really more about what's wrong with he Pats as opposed to what's right with Us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom