Perhaps Billick fails to fully appreciate Dome noise (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was just checking out the Brian Billick show on a radio webcast.

A caller said, "This week's game is going to be especially loud- have you taken any extra steps to counter this... perhaps more signals or other ways for Steve and the players to communicate."

Billick said "Well, noise is always an issue on the road, and we have procedures for that." The host then asked an unrelated question and they moved on.

That sounds to me like he might not fully appreciate how loud it is going to be. The caller was trying to suggest that it is going to be extra-loud and he sort of blew it off- didn't mention anything about what other teams have experienced this year in Dome.

We must make him pay for this oversight! WHO DAT!

Didnt the Eagles say they would be ready for it too? They seemed surprised a little !

I doubt that there are many, if any, coaches in the NFL who aren't aware of the noise advantage that the Saints wield in the Dome. Billick knows.

But I agree, it would be nice if we can make sure that he underestimated the crowd support. :hihi:

12th man, who dat! I really think Baltimore is going to try to throw short to keep things moving. The key is going to be stopping the run, just like always. We can't let that big guy, Jamal Lewis, get into the second level. In fact, we need to get into the backfield to disrupt things so the running game doesn't get going. Lets make them throw the ball. They might have some success throwing but we will get to them at some point.

Their defense is really good and we know that. I think we are going to have to get Reggie the ball out of the backfield often. If Deuce can get going, all the better because that will free things up down the field.

This game won't be easy. I am glad we are playing at home because there might be a direct correlation between crowd noise and the lack of offensive output or the Ravens, especially because they have almost a whole new system.

12th man, who dat! I really think Baltimore is going to try to throw short to keep things moving. The key is going to be stopping the run, just like always. We can't let that big guy, Jamal Lewis, get into the second level. In fact, we need to get into the backfield to disrupt things so the running game doesn't get going. Lets make them throw the ball. They might have some success throwing but we will get to them at some point.

Their defense is really good and we know that. I think we are going to have to get Reggie the ball out of the backfield often. If Deuce can get going, all the better because that will free things up down the field.

This game won't be easy. I am glad we are playing at home because there might be a direct correlation between crowd noise and the lack of offensive output or the Ravens, especially because they have almost a whole new system.

Good post Killah.

Surely kooldak is right and Billick knows, but... what is this guy, made of stone? - that's a very interesting response. Can only hope...

Dunno if you can do anything about the noise other than turn the volume up in your earphones, but that will conflict with the game too.

On That note, GETT LOUD!! As loud as it's been the past couple of games. i want ravens to screw up and call timeouts constantly.

On That note, GETT LOUD!! As loud as it's been the past couple of games. i want ravens to screw up and call timeouts constantly.

Hopefully it won't be like the Bucs game where the opposing team is apprently allotted 17 timeouts per half. :crossfingers:

Their plan will be to take us out early. If they get us quiet early on. we must realize how long these games are and bring it 4 quarters. If we can't make the ravens burn unecessary timeouts and commit false starts, we may lose an element of our advanage.

Be loud or sell your ticket to someone else who can be.

For those with noise making disabilities, well...smuggle airhorns or something...be creative.

HE MUST PAY FOR THAT !!! 68k+ On 3............. De-Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Let's hope that "procedure" is calling timeouts.

Billick , IMHO, wasn't being arrogant, but more like he is uncomfortable when he gets in front of the "mic" doing interviews. He just comes off as dry and arrogant but really as I said imho just isn't good at doing those type of things. Kinda like the kid in school who could do everything but as soon as he gets on stage he freezes and gets scared and appears uncomfortable.

Does that make sense to you guys?? Now I didnt hear the interview I'm juat going by what ive seen of him prior!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom