Perrilloux News (1 Viewer)

There are indeed a ton of 1-AA teams that would welcome them with open arms, no matter what they've done.

I'm saying, though, that MSU probably wouldn't be one of them. Think back to the Collins episode...

I think McNeese would be very interested, the Collins thing happened about 10 years ago and pretty much no one is still around from that time period to say "Hey wait didn't we try this once before".

True and Tommy Hodson was pretty successful, but, a young QB is likely to make some mistakes from time to time. No doubt a 9 win season is possible even with Lee at QB, but he is going to have to play beyond his years. It's just tough for a Redshirt Freshman QB to win in the SEC. It happens, but it's rare that a Freshman QB comes in an lights it up or even realizes that all he has to be is a game manager that gets the ball to his skill players.
I don't disagree with that. It's just that he's not going to have to bear as much of the weight as many other examples did.

I think it's pretty much a lock that we're going to lose some games with a 1st year starter at the controls but that's a price that I (and I would think most LSU fans) are willing to pay for some long term stability at the position.

A 3 or 4 loss season this year (especially considering the schedule) is no big deal to me if it pays dividends down the road by way of an experienced QB with his head screwed on straight.

And, of course, if he's some kind of QB prodigy and plays lights out from the get go, all the better.

It also says that Miles cancelled his presser scheduled for today.

How reliable is this Deke Bellavia dude?

Well he's a Saints guy. Doesn't know much about college ball. I'm not saying it's not true it's just weird.

I caught the news on WWL radio during the drive home from work. Un-real. Just unreal.

Deke and Hokie coming on about it now with Scarborough from TigerBait.

Looks like it's time for any members of the Pennsylvania chapter of the LSU alumni association that own car dealerships or real estate firms to get to work! :mwink:

Perhaps he doesn't like spring practice. Nothing wrong with that. Bring him back in the summer. In the meantime, groom Lee and Jefferson, and take our lumps on the road this year. 2009 is the target year anyway.

Nice to see all the LSU fans browsing for LSU information. :9:

Kind of hard to miss when it is on top of the college board. Although I did have to look at the date, wasnt sure if it was a old thread or not at first. :hihi: Perrioloux makes it difficult to keep up with.

In all honesty, he is the one LSU player that I actually would like to see do well since he is from the Laplace/Reserve area. Its a shame he is could be wasting it all.

Perhaps he doesn't like spring practice. Nothing wrong with that. Bring him back in the summer. In the meantime, groom Lee and Jefferson, and take our lumps on the road this year. 2009 is the target year anyway.

Surely you're joking. The target year is this year, every year, until further notice. Don't make it, then you don't make it. But you sure as hell don't allow your starting QB to skip spring just for the hell of it because you've already resigned yourself to the schedule getting you this fall. Screw that.

I know some of the haters will call it homerism, but LSU seriously is at a point where they're perennial contenders. There are no more throwaway seasons, not right now anyway.

And meantime, I don't care if you're Texas A&M or Minnesota or Syracuse. You don't let your starting QB take the spring off because he thinks he's got better things to do. That kind of attitude is the surest way to flush your whole program down the toilet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom