Perrilloux News (1 Viewer)

Rich Jr

SR is my life!
Reaction score
There's quite a bit of smoke coming from several LSU message boards indicating that QB Ryan Perrilloux has left the Tigers football team.

While I have to urge a HUGE grain of salt, the reports go something like this....

Due to an ongoing dispute between Perrilloux's mother and LSU -- potentially stemming from Ryan's mother trying to shake down the school -- the projected starting quarterback has cleaned out his locker and left the team. Perrilloux reportedly missed a team meeting this week, but his absence is clouded by reports that Perrilloux was attending his father's funeral.

The only aspect that does not seem to be in dispute is that Ryan Perrilloux has cleaned out his locker.

WDSU-TV in New Orleans is reporting the rumors that Perrilloux quit the team, but -- so far -- there's no comment from Perrilloux or the Tigers.

This could be exactly what the rumors say it is, or it could be a confused kid who just lost his father acting out.

Either way, I think we're nearing some kind of school record on off-the-field headlines.

http://www.fanblogs.com/lsu/007501.php

I read that and then read the most popular LSU message boards and the only mention of it was this blog...

It's one of two things:

1) True, and hopefully there are no NCAA violations
OR
2) False, but Perrilloux is overdue to do something stupid anyway which will get him suspended/kicked off the team

Ah...nothing like worrying about the fall in February!

On the off chance this turns out to be true, who would your QB be?

Terrelle Pryor. WVa had the inside track on him until their recruiting notes mysteriously disappeared and Terelle found he preferred LSU sorority girls, anyway. So the story goes.

Terrelle Pryor. WVa had the inside track on him until their recruiting notes mysteriously disappeared and Terelle found he preferred LSU sorority girls, anyway. So the story goes.

dominoes.jpg

While it is a rumor it is Perrilloux and it is believable..

Two years ago or even last year it might have made sense for Perilloux to leave the team. He wasnt going to play ahead of Russell or Flynn so if he left and sat out a year he would basically be sitting out the year he couldnt play anyway.

Now Perilloux has paid his dues and is a heavy favorite to start this year for one of the best programs in football and be on national TV every other week. He also has a chance to solidify his chances for a big time NFL career as a possible first round pick as early as next year if he has a big season at LSU.

If he leaves he not only sits out a season; his not so good reputation takes a big ding as NFL teams begin to wonder if he has the maturity to play at the next level. It wont look ot the outside that LSU treated him poorly if he leaves; it will look like LSU gave him every chance to be part of the team and he couldnt live with the rules other players do.

I dont know if there is any truth to the rumor his Mom is mad and is encouraging him to leave school. I can not think of a dumber move for a kid who put in all his dues and is about to reap the rewards of his hard work. I just do not believe it will happen(Perilloux voluntarily leaving the team). It doesnt make sense on any level for him. Now he might get mad at the rules and his Mom might think he is getting picked on, rightly or wrongly. If they give it any thought they have to know how monumentally crazy it would be to leave.

I like the way Perilloux played last season and handled himself after his controversy. I hope the rumors are not true as I am looking forward to watching Perillous next year. If they are and he leaves, my tee time stays the same next Saturday and LSU will be just fine.

Two years ago or even last year it might have made sense for Perilloux to leave the team. He wasnt going to play ahead of Russell or Flynn so if he left and sat out a year he would basically be sitting out the year he couldnt play anyway.

Now Perilloux has paid his dues and is a heavy favorite to start this year for one of the best programs in football and be on national TV every other week. He also has a chance to solidify his chances for a big time NFL career as a possible first round pick as early as next year if he has a big season at LSU.

If he leaves he not only sits out a season; his not so good reputation takes a big ding as NFL teams begin to wonder if he has the maturity to play at the next level. It wont look ot the outside that LSU treated him poorly if he leaves; it will look like LSU gave him every chance to be part of the team and he couldnt live with the rules other players do.

I dont know if there is any truth to the rumor his Mom is mad and is encouraging him to leave school. I can not think of a dumber move for a kid who put in all his dues and is about to reap the rewards of his hard work. I just do not believe it will happen(Perilloux voluntarily leaving the team). It doesnt make sense on any level for him. Now he might get mad at the rules and his Mom might think he is getting picked on, rightly or wrongly. If they give it any thought they have to know how monumentally crazy it would be to leave.

I like the way Perilloux played last season and handled himself after his controversy. I hope the rumors are not true as I am looking forward to watching Perillous next year. If they are and he leaves, my tee time stays the same next Saturday and LSU will be just fine.

agreed... but losing a father doesn't make logical thinking easy... plus kids are already logically challenged. anything is possible. I'm just ready for the RP drama to stop.

agreed... but losing a father doesn't make logical thinking easy... plus kids are already logically challenged. anything is possible. I'm just ready for the RP drama to stop.
Bradie James lost both his mother and father in the span of a year, became the sole guardian for his younger siblings (he had uncles and aunts of course) and stayed his senior year to graduate college. Of course that's Bradie James who doesn't have a selfish bone in his body and wouldn't be caught dead doing half the stuff that Ryan has already been caught doing.

RP stepping away from LSU pretty much ends his chances of being successful. He's burned his redshirt and is a junior next season. That gives him a year out to transfer to a Div I school and one year to play. If he does, then so be it. LSU will have to rely on the deepest skill positions in the country and Jarrett Lee did just fine last spring. We're just thin on depth now.

The other rumor is that Les is throwing him off the team.

Bradie James lost both his mother and father in the span of a year, became the sole guardian for his younger siblings (he had uncles and aunts of course) and stayed his senior year to graduate college. Of course that's Bradie James who doesn't have a selfish bone in his body and wouldn't be caught dead doing half the stuff that Ryan has already been caught doing.

RP stepping away from LSU pretty much ends his chances of being successful. He's burned his redshirt and is a junior next season. That gives him a year out to transfer to a Div I school and one year to play. If he does, then so be it. LSU will have to rely on the deepest skill positions in the country and Jarrett Lee did just fine last spring. We're just thin on depth now.

I didnt say it was impossible... just saying anything is possible with this kid and especially at this time in his life.

did you really compare bradie james to RP?

Yep. I couldn't think of another athlete who lost a parent at LSU. You?

I dont know if there is any truth to the rumor his Mom is mad and is encouraging him to leave school.

You apparently would be shocked and amazed and the unbelievable amount of mind-numbingly stupid, bad, and just criminal advice many of these college athletes get literally bombarded with on a regular basis.

He'll have to go Div II-AA without doubt. McNeese State anyone?

MLU said:

Whatever the details shake out to be, it without doubt begins and ends with Les Miles simply deciding Perilloux wasn't worth the effort having to be invested in holding his hand anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom