Personnel decisions are KILLING this team (2 Viewers)

except it's constantly a vicious circle. you know why Crawley and Harris are on the team?

because we missed on SJB. and because we missed on Browner.

we played Michael Mauti over our 1st round pick from last year for a majority of the game.

Harris and Crawley may not be the answer long term but they played their first game today so we don't know. Great players come from any round of the draft or from none at all. But no great players become great without playing and learning. We couldn't afford a bunch of proven great players, so we'll have to see how they progress. Crapping on them after their first game isn't going to make them better.

I also believe having Cortland on the team would have made a difference. We threw in a rookie that made rookie mistakes.

Crawley has been getting torched for like 7 weeks now.

Yeah, I don't know what people have been seeing in him. Moore only just joined the team, but he would've still been the better choice out there today, for his experience alone.

John Jenkins can continue to ride the pine. Dude gets tossed around like a paper doll. Very disappointed with the center of the DL. We got absolutely killed over the DT/NT position. Tackling continues to be beyond poor. Wrap them up for goodness sake. How many missed tackles for extra yardage? Too many to count.

It would be hard to have as many significant contract FA misses if you tried, but honestly I don't think navel gazing in season is particularly useful. Focusing on misses is backward looking and it's time to be forward looking and develop the young players on the roster.

6 RB's and a FB on a roster is just silly.

For those that say, yeah but one is a special team guy. Well, you don't reserve a spot on a roster for a return guy if he's below average. You stick one of your 5 other RB's back there and let them be average.

You stash as many defensive backs and pass rushers on the roster and hope they can come along.

Might as well release Spiller if he's the 3rd string scat back instead of using a roster spot for him.

I really don't think Finnegan would have made a difference today but I would rather have him than Murphy.

The duo from Buffalo (Spiller and Byrd) have been duds.

The reason we have 3 rookies (yep, Williams is one), lack of pass rush and over all lack of depth is the dead money.

And we already have Lewis, Browner and soonish Spiller and Byrd to increase the kitty.

Don't look for easy solutions, accept where we are and be patient.

We don't have a championship, but after today I think we have a way better team then last year.

When we lose its: "Payton needs to be fired he has made terrible personnel decisions"

When we win its: "Payton has done a great job coaching up these young players, are last two drafts have been great"

For those that say, yeah but one is a special team guy. Well, you don't reserve a spot on a roster for a return guy if he's below average. You stick one of your 5 other RB's back there and let them be average.

You stash as many defensive backs and pass rushers on the roster and hope they can come along.

Might as well release Spiller if he's the 3rd string scat back instead of using a roster spot for him.

I really don't think Finnegan would have made a difference today but I would rather have him than Murphy.

This certainly isn't on the kicker

As thin and inexperienced as we are at CB , I too don't get keeping Murphy AND Cadet AND Hightower. I doubt any of the 3 would even catch on anyone else's practice squad so , it's not like we are protecting talent.

We were one man away ( Breaux ) from a broken arrow situation and sure enough it happened. Crawley in not nearly physical enough yet to play at even at average NFL level.

I don't understand not having Someone if not Moore , then Finnegan. Breaux has an injury history in only one year. Odds are its going to continue.

Cadet and Lasco are core special team guys, and I believe I saw Hightower out there on a kickoff today as well. Ingram was essentially the only "running back" active today.

I actually love the Lutz move now. He will only improve.

This defense has no pass rush at all. Cam Jordan isn't going to cut it by himself as they can double him. And when he as off games we have nothing.

We have not addressed the DE pass rushing position in a meaning full since 2011. Have not drafted a DE in the first 2 rounds since then. We signed Kruger 4 days before the game but he's not a starter quality DE in a 4-3.

Rankins return will help but we have more work to do on the DL.

the LB are better in coverage but horrific still against the run. We got crushed against the run today.

Tackling in the secondary is atrocious.

The OL problems are actually not even an issue at this point. WE put up 34 points at home. Thats a win win most teams.

How many years of a HOF QB will Sean Payton continue to waste with a horrific defense?
Looks like one more.

I cant help but laugh at the meltdown on this board. You guys are passionate and I think its what makes the fan base so awesome when things are going well... But it sure makes it tough to come here when we lose. I guess maybe my problem is I am eternally optimistic. How terrible was the Raiders defense? It's the first game of the season... I have faith we will get this thing going in the right direction. If Lutz hits a 60 yard field goal, the commentary is the complete opposite. So im going to reserve my meltdown... If we start 0-4... Then ill cry in my cheerios. We started 0-1 in 2011 also losing to GB 42-34... Take a deep breath guys... We are ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom