Personnel decisions are KILLING this team (2 Viewers)

Da Living Saint

Drew Brees!
Reaction score
There's no reason an NFL team should be depending as heavily as we are in the secondary on a guy who didn't play at all his first season and two UDFAs.

there's no planet on which Cadet over Spiller on gameday makes any sense.

there's no possible way cutting Finnegan for a guy who isn't going to be active on gameday makes sense. that move essentially put us down 2 CBs.

there's no reason to have 6 RBs on the roster. there's no reason to have Tommylee Lewis on the roster and not Cortland Finnegan.

there's no reason that we couldn't have made the exact same deal for Lutz that we made for McCain and at least had him in camp. Payton is still acting like that kid is gonna be a hall of famer and i don't see how. he was average in college, he was average in warmups today, missed a 50 yarder which is easy in a dome and had another blocked but it somehow still went in and missed the 61 yarder.

i brought this all up when we made 583069306930658304 moves AFTER the last cut date and everyone just acted like it was no big deal. it was all nonsensical and it cost us today.

Yeah. Not having Cortland Freakin' Finnegan on the field was the difference maker. They lost a track meet to a very good offensive team. The world is not coming to an end here.

Yeah. Not having Cortland Freakin' Finnegan on the field was the difference maker. They lost a track meet to a very good offensive team. The world is not coming to an end here.

they blew a 2 TD lead in less than a quarter after they had been extremely solid for the first 3/4 of the game, mostly on the backs of 3 rookies, two of whom weren't drafted, getting torched. you honestly don't think Finnegan would've played better than Crawley?

also if you're going to try to make a clever comment, comment on the whole post.

Cadet dropped 2 straight passes and killed a drive. you don't think Spiller might've done better? you don't think either Forbath OR Barth would've had a better shot at making that 50 yarder? you can say that the 61 yarder was a tough kick and obviously it was, but the 50 yarder would've won it too and you gotta make 50 yarders indoors.

It is time to move on from Sean Payton. Drew Brees is great and I am sure Payotn's offense is a lot of the reason, but I have seen enough.

they blew a 2 TD lead in less than a quarter after they had been extremely solid for the first 3/4 of the game, mostly on the backs of 3 rookies, two of whom weren't drafted, getting torched. you honestly don't think Finnegan would've played better than Crawley?

also if you're going to try to make a clever comment, comment on the whole post.

Cadet dropped 2 straight passes and killed a drive. you don't think Spiller might've done better? you don't think either Forbath OR Barth would've had a better shot at making that 50 yarder?

I agree, Finnegan should have been on this team. NO Spiller today was a head scratcher. NO pass RUSH!!! None, again!!!!! Yes I totally agree the personnel decisions are the reason we are where we are.

Speaking of Lutz. That was a brilliant move.

He BARELY missed a 61 yarder and it would've had plenty of room above the uprights. We couldn't have even attempted a FG from that far out with Barth, Kasay, or whomever.

Even Raiders fans were giving him props and hoping we're being very encouraging of him.

Yeah, he missed some long FGs today, but Lutz looks like a keeper so far.

There's no reason an NFL team should be depending as heavily as we are in the secondary on a guy who didn't play at all his first season and two UDFAs.

there's no planet on which Cadet over Spiller on gameday makes any sense.

there's no possible way cutting Finnegan for a guy who isn't going to be active on gameday makes sense. that move essentially put us down 2 CBs.

there's no reason to have 6 RBs on the roster. there's no reason to have Tommylee Lewis on the roster and not Cortland Finnegan.

there's no reason that we couldn't have made the exact same deal for Lutz that we made for McCain and at least had him in camp. Payton is still acting like that kid is gonna be a hall of famer and i don't see how. he was average in college, he was average in warmups today, missed a 50 yarder which is easy in a dome and had another blocked but it somehow still went in and missed the 61 yarder.

i brought this all up when we made 583069306930658304 moves AFTER the last cut date and everyone just acted like it was no big deal. it was all nonsensical and it cost us today.

You need to step away from the keyboard for a while. You're being irrational

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i thought Lutz did well in the opener, had enough power on all his kicks, those are just tough kicks. I hope the team stays behind him and gives him confidence, he is the future.

coaching was poor, only reason to keep spiller out is if we are trading him. for a CB would be most preferable now. but he is our 2nd best RB by far. He makes Murphy look like a powder puff player. Something besides football kept him out of the game

Speaking of Lutz. That was a brilliant move.

He BARELY missed a 61 yarder and it would've had plenty of room above the uprights. We couldn't have even attempted a FG from that far out with Barth, Kasay, or whomever.

Even Raiders fans were giving him props and hoping we're being very encouraging of him.

Yeah, he missed some long FGs today, but Lutz looks like a keeper so far.

he was a finger tip away from being 1/4.

You need to step away from the keyboard for a while. You're being irrational

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so edgy.

This team has seemed to be very questionable in personnel decisions for a long time.

My biggest questions from today:
1. Why was Spiller a healthy scratch today?
2. We need a return man desperately. After today Murphy shouldn't be allowed to return anything. Our best playmaker should have been returning that last kickoff. I thought that was Spiller but right now, I have no idea.

There are a lot of young inexperienced guys on this team. They will make mistakes. If you replace them with new young inexperienced guys, they will make mistakes too. If you replace them with seasoned vets, you end up in cap hell.

Face it, these young guys are our teams future, but they need time to develop. If we keep starting over we'll never have a young experienced team, just patchwork.

My biggest questions from today:
1. Why was Spiller a healthy scratch today?
2. We need a return man desperately. After today Murphy shouldn't be allowed to return anything. Our best playmaker should have been returning that last kickoff. I thought that was Spiller but right now, I have no idea.

we had a 15 yard penalty on a kickoff and only got the return out to the 21. the only reason Murphy is on the team is because he's supposed to be good at returns and he failed. had he come up with a legitimate return that's a much shorter kick.

There are a lot of young inexperienced guys on this team. They will make mistakes. If you replace them with new young inexperienced guys, they will make mistakes too. If you replace them with seasoned vets, you end up in cap hell.

Face it, these young guys are our teams future, but they need time to develop. If we keep starting over we'll never have a young experienced team, just patchwork.

except it's constantly a vicious circle. you know why Crawley and Harris are on the team?

because we missed on SJB. and because we missed on Browner.

we played Michael Mauti over our 1st round pick from last year for a majority of the game.

Cadet dropped 2 straight passes and killed a drive. you don't think Spiller might've done better? you don't think either Forbath OR Barth would've had a better shot at making that 50 yarder? you can say that the 61 yarder was a tough kick and obviously it was, but the 50 yarder would've won it too and you gotta make 50 yarders indoors.
There is nothing clever in your post to comment on. You're overreacting. It's not at all interesting or original. And it is a very crappy byproduct of losing a game that we have to endure wannabe NFL experts telling us what went wrong out there when they have no clue at all as to why the team came up short.

And the missed fifty yarder was a dissapointment, but at least they tried two long ones, something that they wouldn't have done with Forbath or Barth. Both were pretty close. So there's some good hopefully coming with is kid going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom