Personnel decisions are KILLING this team (1 Viewer)

There's no reason an NFL team should be depending as heavily as we are in the secondary on a guy who didn't play at all his first season and two UDFAs.

there's no planet on which Cadet over Spiller on gameday makes any sense.

there's no possible way cutting Finnegan for a guy who isn't going to be active on gameday makes sense. that move essentially put us down 2 CBs.

there's no reason to have 6 RBs on the roster. there's no reason to have Tommylee Lewis on the roster and not Cortland Finnegan.

there's no reason that we couldn't have made the exact same deal for Lutz that we made for McCain and at least had him in camp. Payton is still acting like that kid is gonna be a hall of famer and i don't see how. he was average in college, he was average in warmups today, missed a 50 yarder which is easy in a dome and had another blocked but it somehow still went in and missed the 61 yarder.

i brought this all up when we made 583069306930658304 moves AFTER the last cut date and everyone just acted like it was no big deal. it was all nonsensical and it cost us today.

Breaux got hurt--the young secondary looked good in the preseason and will get better as the season goes along. Maybe someone who watched the game again can educate me but I think Byrd had a bad game--he didn't appear to make any meaningful plays today. Vaccaro played well though!! I don't think Finnegan would have been any better--maybe I'm wrong.

How would have Spiller helped more today? Cadet filled in fairly well--he scored a TD. However, maybe Spiller would have rushed the ball better than Cadet and Hightower.

Lutz will get better but the 50-yard miss was crucial.

There is nothing clever in your post to comment on. You're overreacting. It's not at all interesting or original. And it is a very crappy byproduct of losing a game that we have wannabe NFL experts telling us what went wrong out there when they have no clue at all as to why the team came up short.

And the missed fifty yarder was a dissapointment, but at least they tried two long ones, something that they wouldn't have done with Forbath or Barth. Both were pretty close. So there's some good hopefully coming with is kid going forward.

didn't Forbath kick a 57 yard game winner last season?

:rolleyes:

Breaux got hurt--the young secondary looked good in the preseason and will get better as the season goes along. Maybe someone who watched the game again can educate me but I think Byrd had a bad game--he didn't appear to make any meaningful plays today. Vaccaro played well though!! I don't think Finnegan would have been any better--maybe I'm wrong.

How would have Spiller helped more today? Cadet filled in fairly well--he scored a TD. However, maybe Spiller would have rushed the ball better than Cadet and Hightower.

Lutz will get better but the 50-yard miss was crucial.

The young secondary did not look good in the preseason.

you don't think either Forbath OR Barth would've had a better shot at making that 50 yarder?

While I agree with the principle of your post and some of the specifics, I am fairly confident to say, I seriously doubt Forbath would've done any better. Barth, I don't know.

I was thinking that Sean had to put B Cooks in to get his speed to get us closer to fg range. The time out wasting, especially the last 2 were what did us in besides the defense collapsing after the 75 yd run. I actually was impressed with our o line and defense and maybe it's cause my expectations were low.... It wasn't bad guys... It just wasn't a win, and has we won, many of the negative posts would be positive right now on how much better we looked than what everyone saw and was scared of in preseason. Breaux going down and the time out wasting and a couple bad calls cost us the W... But besides the defense collapsing to a good young raider offense in the fourth quarter, the game was a good one. Build on this and don't start 0-4.... Get to 1-1 and stay within division leader as Tampa is only team at 1-0. It's going to be a marathon, not a sprint in this division.

While I agree with the principle of your post and some of the specifics, I am fairly confident to say, I seriously doubt Forbath would've done any better. Barth, I don't know.

Forbath was below average, but he made a 57 yard game winner last season.

we went into this game with 4 CBs active, 3 of whom had never played in an NFL regular season game before.

he was completely invisible. but Kruger was going against the 3rd string RT and didn't do anything either.

I saw the same thing I saw in years past. Kruger and Cam got a good push on the edge, but absolutely no push up the middle left a nice pocket for Carr to step up into.

didn't Forbath kick a 57 yard game winner last season?

:rolleyes:

Did he ever attempt one over sixty, or one when another choice was available to the staff? Say whatever you want, but they legitimately thought Lutz could hit that. And he almost did. But it's not why they lost. That one run from a third string speed back was just a killer. And no amount of personnel second guessing explains a great play like that.

Too many journeymen on the team. Not enough good draft picks. Expensive FAs--Byrd and Spiller--not making an impact. These things have been a problem for years now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom