Perspective of the NFL from St. Louis.... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Dear Saints Fans-

As a former 21-year season ticket holder of the St. Louis Rams.....I feel your pain and your deserved anger towards this cartel known as the NFL.
You, and your team, were screwed. No doubt about it.
Guess what?
Roger and the suits in New York don't care.....and the owners who count on you coming back next Fall don't care.
THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!!!

We here in St. Louis (along with once-loyal fans in Oakland and San Diego) know that all too well.

The Rams' money-grubbing owner, Stan Kroenke, quietly plotted his departure the last 5 years they were in St. Louis (a documented fact)....all the while telling us, "I'm a Missouri boy, you can trust me."
Like idiots, we fell for that.....and despite St. Louis following the NFL's "Relocation Guidelines" to the letter, the cartel decided they could make a lot more money in LA, so they conveniently disregarded their own rules for relocation and left.

But that wasn't enough......to try and justify slithering out of town, the owner trashed the fans and city of St. Louis on their way out ......the same folks who supported the worst 5-year stench in the history of the league (a 15-65 record)
(Bet you didn't know this, but a federal lawsuit here is advancing through the courts. Could be worth the price of admission to see Roger and some of these lying owners placed under oath. Bet it won't happen, though.....these snakes will pay-off to keep the cartel's dirty little secrets from every seeing the light of day in court)

Why do I bring all this up? (Hell yeah, after 3 years I'm still P'Oed)
Follow the money......the league has a shiny new stadium opening in LA next year and they need the lukewarm NFL followers in LaLaLand to have a winner to come out and support.
The cartel needs their lukewarm TV ratings in SoCal to have a major boost next Fall.

Yesterday was the first day of watching the NFL since I attended the Rams final home game in St. Louis vs. Tampa Bay in December 2015.
I thought I would miss the NFL.....but honestly, college football has filled the void and I don't miss the "professional" game at all.
Admittedly, I was hate-watching for the first time yesterday and hoping the Saints would win.
But the cartel has their agenda and the Rams HAVE to be in this Super Bowl.

God help the Patriots in two weeks..........and congratulations, universe, you win.

i keep tellin the youngsters that its all about money. it always has been and always will be.

Its a billion dollar monopoly they are not willing to give up easily.

Kroenke is scum its true. I feel for the fans that have lost their teams to the NFL scum machine.

Well said and 100% accurate but it’s too late. The NFL will be under the microscope after yesterday’s debacle so the Super Bowl will be evenly reffed until the final whistle blows. The NFL got the Rams to the game it will be up to them to beat Brady and Belichick...this time fairly. No way Goodell risks a congressional investigation if the game looks rigged.

I wish they had stayed in St. Louis or at least moved to someplace that isn't the second biggest TV market. If they were the Hampton Roads Rams, I really doubt there would've been 3(?) officials from Norfolk reffing the game.

That sucks that your team moved to L.A. That's every fan's nightmare, and I feel for you.
Kroenke is a prince of a guy, isn't he? That's the same guy who bought the Waggoner Ranch in TX, right?

Kroenke is scum its true. I feel for the fans that have lost their teams to the NFL scum machine.

Indeed, scum who is currently ruining one of my other favorite teams, Arsenal, in the English Premier League.

That sucks that your team moved to L.A. That's every fan's nightmare, and I feel for you.
Kroenke is a prince of a guy, isn't he? That's the same guy who bought the Waggoner Ranch in TX, right?

That right, Keefresh, he's one and the same!
One of the ladies who lived there had no other place to go, begged to stay, then took her own life when Stan refused her request.
You can't make this stuff up......the majority (not all) of these owners care NOTHING about the "little people" who subsidize their lifestyles.

Yep its all about the money. Having the L.A. market have a "winner" means a lot of money coming into the league. With revenue sharing all the owners, including our own owner, benefits from this.

Yep its all about the money. Having the L.A. market have a "winner" means a lot of money coming into the league. With revenue sharing all the owners, including our own owner, benefits from this.

Which is why Benson was mum during Bountygate and Mrs Benson will be during this one. ( aside from the fact that she is relatively knew to the ownership circle and has no weight. she inherited the team - no real roots with the team )

They will live with this because at the end of the day, the league will renew TV contract for another record amount and the coffers just keep getting filled.

Indeed, scum who is currently ruining one of my other favorite teams, Arsenal, in the English Premier League.

Yup!! I am also a gooner as well and have hated Kroenke for some time. He is pure profit eating scum.

I also was a former season ticket holder of the St Louis Rams. What you said StLouisscrewed was well said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom