PETE CARMICHAEL NEEDS GLASSES (1 Viewer)

Chris Olave 13 targets and 5 receptions

Jarvis Landry 5 targets and 4 receptions

For Petes Sake! What is this?

Pete is over his head

Play design? 2 games and ALL THE RECEPTIONS are caught with no separation, every reception contested and no YAC yards.

Absolutely no YAC yards in any reception by our receivers! none

The defenses are playing 15-20 yards deep zone. They are giving all the underneath we want. Why is Landry running deep routes for the 1st time in his career? Landry is quick not fast

DA and Pete try to replace AK the runner. wrong! wrong!

We need someone to replace AK the pass receiver!

We need to punish the defense with a quick pass catching scatback like all the top offenses!
I know it’s only 2 games but this offense so far reminds me of the year Payton was suspended. It’s very possible that Sean made Pete look a lot better than he truly is. We all know that Payton called most of the plays and if he wasn’t calling the plays he certainly was listening and had veto power. Maybe Pete is Robin and needs his Batman to be effective.

Underneath routes are there and open. Winston just isn't throwing to those guys. He was pushing the ball downfield forcefully against the Bucs.
Every game has a gameplan before the game

It is designed and schemed to attack the defense of the opponent in that game specifically

What does 13 targets to Olave say about the gameplan?

You think Winston is going to change the overall gameplan of Pete or will Pete decide?

Who is the coach?

When it is CLEARLY SHOWN that PETES PREGAME GAMEPLAN was to target Olave deep numerous times against cornerback Dean...

Winston throws 8 RB screens? with no AK? Throw to RB when he is in to block?

PLAN AND SIMPLE

PETES CARMICHAEL GAMEPLAN STUNK!

Is Louie the only one who talks to himself?

Louie doesnt think so

EVERYONE! Not 95% but 100%

of the viewers here on this forum and viewers of the game said to themselves

'Why is Winston keep throwing to Olave deep?'

BECAUSE THAT WAS PETES CARMICHAELS PREGAME GAMEPLAN!

AND IT STUNK!

Underneath routes are there and open. Winston just isn't throwing to those guys. He was pushing the ball downfield forcefully against the Bucs.
What....I guess thats a nice thing to say because it sounds nice, but the pass chart says he was throwing short...often.

1663720996819.png

After 2.5 qtrs of football JW had like 70 yards passing on 16 completions...for the most part he was keeping everything under 20 yards, hmm why does that sound familiar? Ah...because we're doing the same crap the NFL has been on to for the last 5 years

It’s pretty impressive that people here are still falling for your posts. Even when they are painfully obviously satirical…… Not bad

The defenses are playing 15-20 yards deep zone. They are giving all the underneath we want. Why is Landry running deep routes for the 1st time in his career? Landry is quick not fast

The above is what I call teams "Small Balling" . The narrative was, that teams would do this because of Drew's declining arm strength. Why is it happening now?

My random thoughts.

DBs could creep up and bust up screens and support the run. That's what I thought at least. The only time we were dominate and could over come this defense was when we had excellent TE play and a very good running game. JJ is doing an admirable job, but he is not going to threaten anyone. Troutman, and Taysom have not been impactful thus far as TEs.

So we are stuck trying to make it work w/ a solid WR core we can't take advantage of. Because teams are not having to defend 100% of the field, just like under Sean Payton late in the Payton era. We can no longer say it's Drew's declining arm strength. We either have to hit on those go route bombs or we have to threaten the middle of the field. Is Jamies best utilized dinking and dunking it down the field to Landry and CGM. I say no. Jamies has proven (here and at the Bucs) He is very good with TEs, and w/ the Saints a good long ball thrower. Btw.... Jamies didn't miss the throws to Olave. Olave couldn't create separation from the DB to develop the speed to run underneath Jamies's passes. Watch the tape. Yes, you can question whether he should have thrown the pass. That's fair. Both Jamies and Olave will get better at it.

Jamies was successful last year because we had a legit deep threat. Jamies had no problem finding Harty. With out that we would have never moved the ball. Jamies and Harty really made teams defend the whole field.

We have 2 excellent possession WRs in Landry and 1 speedy wide out, who is having a hard time creating his free release. PC has to scheme Olave a free release till he can create his own. Harty can do it, but he is our pro bowl KR, and as I thought. DA is reluctant to use him in the passing game.

The screen game will work on some teams, but any athletic LB group will just bust up the screens. If they don't have to defend the long pass or the middle of the field.

No offense to the WR group, but I would trade one of them for a complete TE right now for Jamies. He is trying to make JJ work, but DA screwed the pooch on, not getting us a quality TE to start the season.

What....I guess thats a nice thing to say because it sounds nice, but the pass chart says he was throwing short...often.

1663720996819.png

After 2.5 qtrs of football JW had like 70 yards passing on 16 completions...for the most part he was keeping everything under 20 yards, hmm why does that sound familiar? Ah...because we're doing the same crap the NFL has been on to for the last 5 years
BayouSAINTJoe brings the receipts!!!

The above is what I call teams "Small Balling" . The narrative was, that teams would do this because of Drew's declining arm strength. Why is it happening now?

My random thoughts.

DBs could creep up and bust up screens and support the run. That's what I thought at least. The only time we were dominate and could over come this defense was when we had excellent TE play and a very good running game. JJ is doing an admirable job, but he is not going to threaten anyone. Troutman, and Taysom have not been impactful thus far as TEs.

So we are stuck trying to make it work w/ a solid WR core we can't take advantage of. Because teams are not having to defend 100% of the field, just like under Sean Payton late in the Payton era. We can no longer say it's Drew's declining arm strength. We either have to hit on those go route bombs or we have to threaten the middle of the field. Is Jamies best utilized dinking and dunking it down the field to Landry and CGM. I say no. Jamies has proven (here and at the Bucs) He is very good with TEs, and w/ the Saints a good long ball thrower. Btw.... Jamies didn't miss the throws to Olave. Olave couldn't create separation from the DB to develop the speed to run underneath Jamies's passes. Watch the tape. Yes, you can question whether he should have thrown the pass. That's fair. Both Jamies and Olave will get better at it.

Jamies was successful last year because we had a legit deep threat. Jamies had no problem finding Harty. With out that we would have never moved the ball. Jamies and Harty really made teams defend the whole field.

We have 2 excellent possession WRs in Landry and 1 speedy wide out, who is having a hard time creating his free release. PC has to scheme Olave a free release till he can create his own. Harty can do it, but he is our pro bowl KR, and as I thought. DA is reluctant to use him in the passing game.

The screen game will work on some teams, but any athletic LB group will just bust up the screens. If they don't have to defend the long pass or the middle of the field.

No offense to the WR group, but I would trade one of them for a complete TE right now for Jamies. He is trying to make JJ work, but DA screwed the pooch on, not getting us a quality TE to start the season.
I can get on board w/ most of that, except the part where you trade away one of my WRs for a TE.

I can get on board w/ most of that, except the part where you trade away one of my WRs for a TE.
I really wouldn't, but it is a travesty to not provide Jamies w/ a dynamic TE. His stats w/ TEs, is nothing less than amazing. He got more production out of OJ Howard than Brady did. And OJ kind of sucks.

BayouSAINTJoe brings the receipts!!!
Bruh...and they keep sayin he's not throwing short. I was talking to my brother earlier today, And I was telling him that the problem is that our shot plays are deliberate and mostly single read....they're not looking for the under route. And the rest are intended small ball plays w/ no shot option. There's no mix of the 2 within a single play....if you look at the chart, there are no seam attempts, no deep crossers, no posts, no deep corners...none of that. Its either short or shot.

I'm P'Oed because I really thought our offense would change and look something like our attacking offense from 2011 - without the crazy DB9 accuracy, but I at least thought we'd attempt to attack defenses again. This is the same ol same ol, with an occasional designed shot over the top.

Last edited:

1663720996819.png

The reality is that there will be defensive games where you take what D gives you and he was doing that until the first pick. Also, he was not having an accuracy problem for the folks talking about the deep ball. He lost discipline and that was when things went south. Yes, it's his responsibility as QB but DA or Pete needs to be in his ear after the first pick as we know Sean would.

Bruh...and they keep sayin he's not throwing short. I was talking to my brother earlier today, And I was telling him that the problem is that our shot plays are deliberate and mostly single read....they're not looking for the under route. And the rest are intended small ball plays w/ no shot option. There's no mix of the 2 within a single play....if you look at the chart, there are no seam attempts, no deep crossers, no posts, no deep corners...none of that. Its either short or shot.

I'm P'Oed because I really thought our offense would change and look something like our attacking offense from 2011 - without the crazy DB accuracy, but I at least thought we'd attempt to attack defenses again. This is the same ol same ol, with an occasional designed shot over the top.
Man! Calm down, don't worry..........................................................................there is still plenty of time to blame Jamies for everything!

I'm P'Oed because I really thought our offense would change and look something like our attacking offense from 2011 - without the crazy DB accuracy, but I at least thought we'd attempt to attack defenses again. This is the same ol same ol, with an occasional designed shot over the top.
Without a run game, especially AK the offense will not be able to open up.

1663720996819.png

Payton would have called 8 running back screens sunday

but DA/PC didnt have a pass catching RB active in the game

Scatback

• 1Clown
Reactions: dtc

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom