PETE CARMICHAEL NEEDS GLASSES (1 Viewer)

Is Louie the only one who talks to himself?

Louie doesnt think so

EVERYONE! Not 95% but 100%

of the viewers here on this forum and viewers of the game said to themselves

'Why is Winston keep throwing to Olave deep?'

BECAUSE THAT WAS PETES CARMICHAELS PREGAME GAMEPLAN!

AND IT STUNK!

Without a run game, especially AK the offense will not be able to open up.
No one runs against Bucs run defense

We needed a quick/fast pass catching RB to spread the linebackers (devin White) out of the box

The reality is that there will be defensive games where you take what D gives you and he was doing that until the first pick. Also, he was not having an accuracy problem for the folks talking about the deep ball. He lost discipline and that was when things went south. Yes, it's his responsibility as QB but DA or Pete needs to be in his ear after the first pick as we know Sean would.
He got impatient...he got tired of taking the < 10 yard stuff, he had been for 2 1/2 quarters...and thats when he gets into trouble. The play will call for a quick 4 yard or 8 yarder...but he doesn't want it so he holds for something else that isn't there, but then after holding for the lone deeper option the short route is covered. If that's his mindset, we at least have to give him more than one deeper option on those intended short looks, in case he misses the short look....otherwise, he's going to be sitting back looking at a bunch of covered receivers and taking excessive sacks.

He has to do better but the playcalls have to help him out as well....and neither are happening which is why our O looks like :poop:

Is Louie the only one who talks to himself?

Louie doesnt think so

EVERYONE! Not 95% but 100%

of the viewers here on this forum and viewers of the game said to themselves

'Why is Winston keep throwing to Olave deep?'

BECAUSE THAT WAS PETES CARMICHAELS PREGAME GAMEPLAN!

AND IT STUNK!
Mleg1972 says, "I finally agree with something you said!! Amen Louie!!"

Without a run game, especially AK the offense will not be able to open up.
We were actually running pretty good as well, I think the problem is that we need a satellite back that draws coverage to open more stuff up. (something we've been doing since 2006 BTW) Since no one really fears MI or Washington, they weren't pulling that extra defender.

And that leads me to issue #2 with the offense....we have actual playmakers at WR now, we should be calling plays that allows them to do their thing. MT is more than a slant boy, Olave can run every route in the books...Landry is crafty as hell, but we're still scheming out their strengths for reasons unknown...I guess continuity.

You know he isn’t reading the field and choosing the receiver…you act like there is only one option to throw to. Its the QB that makes the decision
And let me reiterate this above, I don’t think Winston is not understanding the play or not reading his progressions, I think Winston like most QBs knows who he wants to throw to before he gets under center based on the routes he feels he is more comfortable throwing. He knows Olave is going to have the deep routes and that where he feels he is most accurate. If Thomas has tight coverage over the middle at 10 yards and Olave has the same at 40, Winston knows he is more accurate at 40 yards so he throws to his comfort zone. The reality is like golf, the longer the ball is in the air the more room there is for trouble. Again all or nothing Gun slinger mentality. If we had never had Brees I’m sure we would love it but we are used to a different type of QB and that’s where we as fans are struggling.

We were actually running pretty good as well, I think the problem is that we need a satellite back that draws coverage to open more stuff up. (something we've been doing since 2006 BTW) Since no one really fears MI or Washington, they weren't pulling that extra defender.

And that leads me to issue #2 with the offense....we have actual playmakers at WR now, we should be calling plays that allows them to do their thing. MT is more than a slant boy, Olave can run every route in the books...Landry is crafty as hell, but we're still scheming out their strengths for reasons unknown...I guess continuity.
That's AK and a lack of creative play calling. We need some reverses with Hardy or Olave, for example. Also, if you use Taysom, as much as I hate to say it, he's going to have to throw it occasionally or the defense will keep playing the run.

And let me reiterate this above, I don’t think Winston is not understanding the play or not reading his progressions, I think Winston like most QBs knows who he wants to throw to before he gets under center based on the routes he feels he is more comfortable throwing. He knows Olave is going to have the deep routes and that where he feels he is most accurate. If Thomas has tight coverage over the middle at 10 yards and Olave has the same at 40, Winston knows he is more accurate at 40 yards so he throws to his comfort zone. The reality is like golf, the longer the ball is in the air the more room there is for trouble. Again all or nothing Gun slinger mentality. If we had never had Brees I’m sure we would love it but we are used to a different type of QB and that’s where we as fans are struggling.
I agree with some of that but I think he just got frustrated and lost his discipline. I'm not calling him Drew but he was getting the short stuff and went for kill shots when the game plan should be to stay patient. I honestly still don't know why he snapped but I do feel like he knows better.

No one runs against Bucs run defense

We needed a quick/fast pass catching RB to spread the linebackers (devin White) out of the box
We were doing it until the fumble and AK is that rare back that can beat you both ways.

Payton would have called 8 running back screens sunday

but DA/PC didnt have a pass catching RB active in the game

Scatback
I don't disagree with you, but "what scat back are you talking about? Thus far, the only players who gained yardage on screens was Taysom and Tony Jones.

Pete Charmichael is nothing without Sean Payton.

Change my mind.
PC is like those raggedy ____ Saints 2022 season stickers they sent us in the mail. Those things peel off after 3-5 days. I'm just mad about everything now. LOL. He and JW will get better. I believe it.

We need to play more I-Formation style football, similar to how Peyton Manning ran the whole offense out of single back.

It makes the field easier to read on the outside routes because either the safeties stay high and wide or they don't. The field isn't muddied right after the snap, you read right then left and if not you dump the ball off. With our personnel, you can have Taysom in right next to Winston as the full back/blitz pick up/pre-snap protection caller! and have AK either follow him/split out pre-snap or run swing routes.

Chris Olave 5 catches on 13 targets

So the posters are saying Winston went AWOL and no one was going to stop him from throwing deep to Olave when the team of offensive coaches screamed for him not to?

there is probably minimum 5 coaches just at the booth looking down on the defensive coverages relaying that info to PC and DA

The pre gameplan was to throw deep to Olave against cornerback Dean

PC didnt adjust from that gameplan

end of story

*Louie wants Kirk Merritt on the field at Carolina this sunday

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom