Pete Carmichael This Year (1 Viewer)

With (at least imo) a top 10ish QB speed to burn at WR along with a healthy Thomas, big RBs that can find the endzone and keep dlines honest, Two big body TE running crossing routes (1 across the goal line and one across the back line) in the redzone; if we dont put up points in the first 5 games he should be gone.

Pete's problem was not having a QB that could read defenses pre-snap and recognize mismatches like Brees used to do. Carr can, and did so for Gruden who ran a very similar offense when Carr had his best years as a Raider.

I expect the offense to surprise some people with how good it is. Some will credit Carr and say he is doing good inspite of Pete, not because of Pete, but the truth is the QB and OC have to be on the same page and trust each other, and we haven't had that relationship since Brees retired.

I think Pete went into last season with the lazy mindset of I'm not going to put in anything new...we didn't try to stretch out the field pre snap...it was the same "blitz me please" tight formations and short route combos we saw with "old" Drew Brees.

He absolutely needs to show something this year.

To be honest, I dont feel confident with either Carmichael or Allen. The more years that pass from Peyton's tenure, the more polish from a good head coach is going to fade from this team. This year is definitely going to be an interesting one.

I'd say if he falters, Ronald Curry may be given play calling responsibilities. Word is that he is an up and coming coach and itching to call plays.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Curry calls plays and Carmichael is back designing plays and blocking schemes.

Pete's problem was not having a QB that could read defenses pre-snap and recognize mismatches like Brees used to do. Carr can, and did so for Gruden who ran a very similar offense when Carr had his best years as a Raider.

I expect the offense to surprise some people with how good it is. Some will credit Carr and say he is doing good inspite of Pete, not because of Pete, but the truth is the QB and OC have to be on the same page and trust each other, and we haven't had that relationship since Brees retired.
It’s May, so I understand the mindset: we reloaded and things will certainly be better. I don’t disagree with you: we got great pieces on the team, and everything SHOULD be better.

Personally, I have 0 trust in DA and Carmichael. They’ve shown to be terrible at their jobs. A lot of people pumping sunshine now will be making excuses in September: “it’s a new offense”, “such-and-such is injured”. The truth is, good coaching is more important than a good roster. And we don’t have good coaching, as proven in 17 games last season.

I really hope I’m wrong, and I truly wish I could be as optimistic as a lot of people on this board. But I think the Carr signing guarantees two more years of DA (if not Carmichael) unless he loses the locker room badly (which he won’t with this veteran group). If that’s the case, looks like we’re screwed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom