Pete Carmichael This Year (2 Viewers)

Pete has absolutely no excuse to be conservative this season. We went out and got a really good QB and other FA's. This offense is loaded even with AK's suspension and MT's questionability. Without knowing how rookie Miller will perform, RB may be our only weakness with AK serving his time. Our O-line is solid, WR's are young and fast, and the TE's look good. If in fact DA is the reason for being conservative as a defensive minded coach, then both need to be let go. Why spend money bringing in FA's to run a certain type of offense and then handcuff them?

Pete has absolutely no excuse to be conservative this season. We went out and got a really good QB and other FA's. This offense is loaded even with AK's suspension and MT's questionability. Without knowing how rookie Miller will perform, RB may be our only weakness with AK serving his time. Our O-line is solid, WR's are young and fast, and the TE's look good. If in fact DA is the reason for being conservative as a defensive minded coach, then both need to be let go. Why spend money bringing in FA's to run a certain type of offense and then handcuff them?
This is my point of the thread. Pete has no reason and excuse to fail so he would have to be yanked pretty early on if everyone can see it’s him and not the players. Last year there were injuries. This year looks to be promising and starting off with a clean slate injury wise

Pete's problem was not having a QB that could read defenses pre-snap and recognize mismatches like Brees used to do. Carr can, and did so for Gruden who ran a very similar offense when Carr had his best years as a Raider.

I expect the offense to surprise some people with how good it is. Some will credit Carr and say he is doing good inspite of Pete, not because of Pete, but the truth is the QB and OC have to be on the same page and trust each other, and we haven't had that relationship since Brees retired.
YES! The rank and file Saints fans don't grasp this concept, but you are spot-on. It was all about the QBs, and their limitations. An OC can't just wish winning plays on the team. Even the best still need the proper tools to be successful, and QB is the most important tool in an offensive play callers toolbox.

your-higness-bow.gif

If the offense is good this year, how long before the posters that bashed and berated him admit they were wrong and is that something they would do?
I’m not bashing him. I’m only saying all the tools will be at his disposal to have success this season. I want him to have success for all the right reasons: the Saints win, he gets out from under Sean’s shadow, etc. I understand an OC needs a competent QB for success. I asked TCU Dan earlier this year to start a thread on the correlation successful QB’s and their ability to read defenses etc and he did a little thread about it. And this was in reference to Jameis being the starter. I wasn’t certain he could pull it off. I’ve been hearing of Carr moving on for a few years now and wished the Saints could’ve gotten him. I’m excited more so than a lot of other fans about this season and mainly about Carr and his football intellect. I want Pete to succeed. It just seems with a lot of the weapons and tools they have amassed success is the only acceptable outcome

If the offense is good this year, how long before the posters that bashed and berated him admit they were wrong and is that something they would do?
Here's the deal: The offense will be much better. We haven't had a QB with this much football IQ since Brees. There is no way Carr will let this offense down, especially with the weapons we can have baring injury. Mark my word, there will be a lot of "in space", spread out schemes this year.

Going into last season with Winston was a real handicap. The coaches designed plays that would not expose his weaknesses and I’m certain they restricted his pass count. They tried to follow Payton’s plan for Winston, don’t put him positions to lose the game.

Going into last season with Winston was a real handicap. The coaches designed plays that would not expose his weaknesses and I’m certain they restricted his pass count. They tried to follow Payton’s plan for Winston, don’t put him positions to lose the game.
How exactly was Winston limited? He threw deep 9.7 times per game, Dalton threw deep 4.6 times per game. We averaged 38 pass attempts per game with Winston (only Brady, Herbert, and Ryan had more attempts/game), and we averaged 27 pass attempts per game with Dalton (only Brissett, Mariota, and Fields had less).

How exactly was Winston limited? He threw deep 9.7 times per game, Dalton threw deep 4.6 times per game. We averaged 38 pass attempts per game with Winston (only Brady, Herbert, and Ryan had more attempts/game), and we averaged 27 pass attempts per game with Dalton (only Brissett, Mariota, and Fields had less).
I shouldn’t have brought Winston into the discussion, he is our backup and I wish him well. I do t want to get into a negative discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom