Pete Prisco’s Taysom Hill Take (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Per his power rankings:

“OK, so maybe Sean Payton did know something we didn't about Taysom Hill. Now let's see him do it again on the road against a better defense. Then we can talk.”

So is the argument that Hill can never lose a game or all the criticism of Payton will be justified? That seems a little...extreme. Even if Hill struggles in his second start, that doesn’t define him.

You’d think Payton started Hill over Drew Brees given some of these takes.

He's got a reasonable take: OK, Taysom might be as good as Sean Payton said, but I'm not sold on it until I see how he does against a D better than the Atlanta defense.

Doesn't mean he can't have bad games, only that without a good game against a good defense there's still doubt about the success of the experiment.

Too lazy to look it up ... but does Denver have a good defense ?

13th in yards, 20th in points
19th in rushing defense, 9th in passing.

So, a weird defense that's pretty good against the pass (which explains being average in total yards), but bad against the run and points allowed.

Not having watched a lot of their games, I'd say it's not the defense you want to bring against a Taysom ran Saints, who will be effective rushing the ball.

He's got a reasonable take: OK, Taysom might be as good as Sean Payton said, but I'm not sold on it until I see how he does against a D better than the Atlanta defense.

Doesn't mean he can't have bad games, only that without a good game against a good defense there's still doubt about the success of the experiment.

That's a valid point.

One must consider the fact that Taysom has exactly one career start. Every new QB experiences growing pains. Which I don't see the Prisco accounting for here.

The NFL is about punches and counterpunches. Teams will start to defend Hill better as they get more film. It happens to everyone. The key is for Hill to be consistent with not making mistakes and having the Saints continue to put him in favorable situations. QBs generally look better when their own defense is shutting out the opposing offense.

Per his power rankings:

“OK, so maybe Sean Payton did know something we didn't about Taysom Hill. Now let's see him do it again on the road against a better defense. Then we can talk.”

So is the argument that Hill can never lose a game or all the criticism of Payton will be justified? That seems a little...extreme. Even if Hill struggles in his second start, that doesn’t define him.

You’d think Payton started Hill over Drew Brees given some of these takes.
Next week - OK so now he's done it on the road against a better defense. Now let's see him do it against a Team the second time they play

The following week - Ok so now he's done it against a team the second time they play now let's see him ..... pick the qualifiee UNTIL

He has a bad game then I TOLD YOU SO

Pete Prisco as beat writer here in Jacksonville became a good friend of Mike Smith, former Falcon HC and DC of Jaguars. He hated the Saints as a result for years and although begrudgingly giving Sean Payton’s offensive prowess kudos from time to time, his coverage of them has been biased ever since. He’s the one who started the Saints pissing on the Falcons logo postgame one year. So take anything he says against Saints with a grain of salt.

It's not just Prisco, it's the entire national media. Especially here in Falcon's land.
They are convinced that the only reason Taysom started was because Sean was trying to show disrespect to the Falcons.

I firmly believe that Sean considers Taysom the future and even though he had a slow start, I think he's fully capable.

Some of the decisions he was making while being blitzed was that of a vet QB.
I like what I saw and of course, everyone wants to see more.

Next week - OK so now he's done it on the road against a better defense. Now let's see him do it against a Team the second time they play

The following week - Ok so now he's done it against a team the second time they play now let's see him ..... pick the qualifiee UNTIL

He has a bad game then I TOLD YOU SO

I mean, doesn't everyone here rip on guys like Brady, Newton, Ryan, etc. when they have a bad game even if they had had a good game the week(s) before? Hell people here will demand Brees get benched after 1 bad game.

I don't see why everyone is over reacting to a reporter admitting that SP was right while most of the other reporters were wrong, but then saying the whole story can't be told after just 1 game. That's a fact many here agree with.

He looked good on Sunday, but I'm also not yet ready to crown him the heir apparent. Maybe having this reaction if they do the "I told you so" bit if Taysom has a bad game next week makes sense, but doing this now is silly.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom