Pete Prisco tweet (1 Viewer)

Honestly, how much different will Rob Ryan be than Gregg Williams? This better be a David Copperfield, smoke and mirrors type of deal.

And we won a super bowl with gregg williams one year and had a top ten defense with him the next year.

Sure we have a bad taste in our mouth from bountygate, but realize we were a perennial playoff team with williams as our dc, while we only made the playoffs 1 out of the 4 years with someone else as our dc

And we won a super bowl with gregg williams one year and had a top ten defense with him the next year.

Sure we have a bad taste in our mouth from bountygate, but realize we were a perennial playoff team with williams as our dc, while we only made the playoffs 1 out of the 4 years with someone else as our dc

True story.

I know this wont be a popular opinion but did that Williams manage to put together a defense that helped us win a Super Bowl???

I take the exact same thing the next 4 years if it meant we won another Super Bowl and another one year coaching suspension...

Helped win one
cost us at least another if not 2 more

I think people have figured out the ryan tree - unless we have studs in3-4 positions...???

I know this wont be a popular opinion but did that Williams manage to put together a defense that helped us win a Super Bowl???

I take the exact same thing the next 4 years if it meant we won another Super Bowl and another one year coaching suspension...

I want another Superbowl as bad as anyone else, but we don't need a fake macho-man to do it. I'll support anyone we bring in, but I personally think that this is a smoke screen. Why wouldn't we have hired either Ryan or Crennel already?

Prisco? I don't know any bigger hater out there

He reads SR just like Dimitroff; he hates Payton, but he can't deny Payton is rich, at the top of his profession, and to put this nicely, spending quality time with lovely young ladies. Sean is the guy on the beach with the blonde kicking sand on the little nerdy Prisco guy who couldn't get a date. Kiss his big ring, Prisco.

I want another Superbowl as bad as anyone else, but we don't need a fake macho-man to do it. I'll support anyone we bring in, but I personally think that this is a smoke screen. Why wouldn't we have hired either Ryan or Crennel already?
$$$$$

If Ryan has been seen with Payton and Vitt, you know what we call that? A job interview. Newsflash: An interview doesn't mean you're getting the job. Calm down.

If Ryan has been seen with Payton and Vitt, you know what we call that? A job interview. Newsflash: An interview doesn't mean you're getting the job. Calm down.

Also, as I said, Prisco tweets a lot, he's probably just reacting to the idea of them being together.. just that it would be a lot of ego on one team. Since, he's not a fan of Payton.

Rob Ryan is a good coach, he made Dallas better each year, the offensive play calling was their problem, they threw the ball as much as we did and didn't run the ball

He's been an average coach at best. There's a great breakdown below of his time in Dallas:

Stats & Info: Tell Rob Ryan basic numbers lie - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN Dallas

Rob Ryan would not be the best hire. With Drew Brees entering the later phases of his career, I'd be far more happy if Payton poached a Fangio understudy from the 49ers, and not waste time with Ryan - a known quantity. You'd get, at best, a top 20 defense. I don't think, given the lackluster defenses of the Payton era, you'd have too many posters on this forum changing their tune because of the hire. I think the overall reaction would be crushingly underwhelmed.

We can do better than that.

It would be hard for me to support Rob Ryan, being that I've wanted to drop kick and DDT him for years. :shrug:

:hihi:

Personally, I could do without Ryan or Vitt. I like Vitt as a personality on TV, but he really has not done a good enough job as a coach. His friendship with Payton keeps him around.

The only way I want Ryan around this organization is if we sign him to be our ambassador of good hair. No way I want him involved in football operations. I would prefer Vitt be removed as an active defensive coach as well. Assistant coach/media liason sounds like a good plan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom