Pete Prisco's new mock draft (1 Viewer)

poor hicks, why would you want to boot a guy who played as good as anyone for us last season in favor of a guy who doesnt have the bodytype and skillset to play the poistion?

Actually Richardson is more suited from physical standpoint than Hicks you need to do some more research before jumping on someone like that.

All the folks who said Malcolm Jenkins was a sure pro-bowler, should not be suggesting a player so I'll exit stage right with that 90%.

Actually Richardson is more suited from physical standpoint than Hicks you need to do some more research before jumping on someone like that.

Not to mention the fact that Richardson is arguably the best defensive player in the draft - certainly my favorite player (right ahead of Dion Jordan).

As far as Prisco's mock, have a hard time seeing Floyd, Richardson or Jordan - much less all 3 - fall out of the top 10 based on what I've read from others and from watching them.

Also think Alec Olgetree will still end up in the 1st round. Never know how he'll interview, but athletically he's going to be one of the most impressive at the combine this week.

It's not "officially" a mock draft, because it doesn't have the word "sexy" in it. As in..."It may not be the sexy pick, but..."

On the other hand, there may be enough occurences of "this kid" to off-set it.

Not to mention the fact that Richardson is arguably the best defensive player in the draft - certainly my favorite player (right ahead of Dion Jordan).

As far as Prisco's mock, have a hard time seeing Floyd, Richardson or Jordan - much less all 3 - fall out of the top 10 based on what I've read from others and from watching them.

Also think Alec Olgetree will still end up in the 1st round. Never know how he'll interview, but athletically he's going to be one of the most impressive at the combine this week.

Right and looking at that mock draft just shows more proof that Prisco just isn't all there.

Wicket in the 3-4 the left end is essentially the same as a 3 tech in the 4-3 you look for the same abilities in both. You want a guy 6-2 to 6-6 and between 290 to 310 pounds. To give a good combo of speed and strength. Hicks is a little big for it but he has the quickness if a guy much smaller but has a lot of strength too..

No one wants to boot hicks. You guys just need to understand that Hicks is NOT a DE in a 3-4 he's a NT he will split time with bunkley and I see him taking the starting spot soon.
Then that puts us with cam Jordan hicks and will smith ( unless he won't restructure) starting.
Will smith is perfect for the 3-4. When we were running the 4-3 we kept telling him to drop weight and get faster and quicker. But now he can gain his weight back get to his good playing size and hold up 1 to 2 O line man which is his job so martez or galette can smash the passer!
Now I do think we need to draft a DE BIG TIME we need a replacement for smith although he will do this year ( if he restructures) we need to groom his replacement and we have that ability to do that at 15!
I bet he spends at *least* as much time at DE as he does at NT, if not more

No one wants to boot hicks. You guys just need to understand that Hicks is NOT a DE in a 3-4 he's a NT he will split time with bunkley and I see him taking the starting spot soon.

I don't think you understand the difference between ends in a 3-4 and ends in a 4-3.. Hicks is absolutely a prototypical end in a 3-4. Big, athletic and can eat up space... He's actually NOT a noise tackle... He's much more of a one gap guy the eat up 2 blocker guy.

Do some homework about the system and the player before you tell everyone what we need to understand. At the very least, Hicks position is arguable and not something we need to understand the way you want to understand it..

Well....Glad to see that my opinion of Prisco hasn't changed at all.

I don't think you understand the difference between ends in a 3-4 and ends in a 4-3.. Hicks is absolutely a prototypical end in a 3-4. Big, athletic and can eat up space... He's actually NOT a noise tackle... He's much more of a one gap guy the eat up 2 blocker guy.

Do some homework about the system and the player before you tell everyone what we need to understand. At the very least, Hicks position is arguable and not something we need to understand the way you want to understand it..

I agree with you, good post. Hicks is perfect for 3-4 DE, big, strong and long. :9:

Richardson is an animal. Id be shocked if he is there at 15.

Hicks could play De but u guys forget about nickel.

Jones, Ansah, Jordan, Richardson, Mingo Id be happy with any of those guys.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

"@MoveTheSticks: There is a strong contingent of personnel types that expect Ziggy Ansah to go in the top 10. Sr Bowl tape has created a lot of buzz. #NFL"

Plus what Ive been saying:

"@MoveTheSticks: Teams that run 3-4 are drooling over Ansah as an OLB. Proved in SR Bowl game he's comfortable on edge. Less mayhem, allows him to see/go"

Shonka the old scout who is good friends with Rex Ryan said he is salivating over Ansah.

theres not a doubt in my mind that we get Jordan. someone will take an early shot at Ansah hopin for him to turn into another JPP. With Jordans ability to put his hand on the ground, stand and rush the passer, and easily defend any tight end and some slot receivers, he can move anywhere in our D and be affective...w/ the lack of talent on D we have the ability to move him all over a w/o stepping on someones toes and find the perfect place to put him.

All the folks who said Malcolm Jenkins was a sure pro-bowler, should not be suggesting a player so I'll exit stage right with that 90%.
Jenkins was a second-team All Pro in 2010. :aargh:

Jordan, Ansah and Mingo will all be off the board at 15... this weekend's combine performances will solidify all 3 of them as top 10 picks.

As much as us fans may feel we need another OLB/Pass Rusher... I think we may need to go OT at 15 if we lose Bushrod.

As much as we need CB help I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Dee Milliner if he's still on the board.

We'll know more about our "needs" after a few weeks of free agency, but its great to speculate now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom