Pete Werner: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

How do you like the Pete Werner Pick

• Love it

Votes: 114 32.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 21.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 120 33.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Don’t like it

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
So professionals can’t make mistakes? As a fan who has invested so much money, time, energy, and emotions do I HAVE to like the pick? Do I have to exude homerism just to prove that I love my team and every decision that is made by the organization? Oh, SP has made a lot of mistakes that have cost us. I love the guy, but he can be stubborn
Fall in line. Assimilate like the rest of the Borg. 😂

So professionals can’t make mistakes? As a fan who has invested so much money, time, energy, and emotions do I HAVE to like the pick? Do I have to exude homerism just to prove that I love my team and every decision that is made by the organization? Oh, SP has made a lot of mistakes that have cost us. I love the guy, but he can be stubborn
For sure. They've made plenty of mistakes esp in the draft. Now w/ Ireland it has been better but there are still some names that we have drafted and it's like what? Rick Leonard ring a bell.

Everybody’s upset because he doesn’t have “sideline to sideline” speed like Kwon Alexander and Jabril Cox.

Werner ran a 4.58 at his pro day Cox ran a 4.55 at his and Alexander ran a 4.56 at the combine. It doesn’t look like much of a difference to me.

You do not have to like the pick. But that doesn't make it the wrong pick. THe issue I have is that no matter who the staff picks, people complain. I'll say this again, I wanted Jabrl Cox. They selected another LB. That doesn't make it the wrong pick. Some of you act as though you know more than the folks that spend hundreds of hours over many months evaluating these guys. Not just the highlight reels, the good AND the bad. They know these guys' strength's and weeknesses.

And we just traded up.

Draft time can be one of my least favorite times of the yr on this board just cause of the stupidity , with that said I like the Werner pick , he reminds me of Luke Kuechly lite. Pretty much the same measurables , VERY smart player and a bit of a throwback. He could turn into a leader of the D. I'd be quite happy with that

Mike D has his height listed as 6‘ 1” and weight as 233 lb. (that would make him pretty much undersized at OLB). Pretty much every other site has him at 6’ 3” and 242 lb.

I'll take 233 if this kid is half the player these guys are.

Lavonte David
Position: OLB
6-1, 233lb (185cm, 105kg)

Darius Leonard (Maniac)
Position: LB
6-2, 230lb (188cm, 104kg)

Kwon Alexander
Position: OLB
6-1, 227lb (185cm, 102kg)

You do not have to like the pick. But that doesn't make it the wrong pick. THe issue I have is that no matter who the staff picks, people complain. I'll say this again, I wanted Jabrl Cox. They selected another LB. That doesn't make it the wrong pick. Some of you act as though you know more than the folks that spend hundreds of hours over many months evaluating these guys. Not just the highlight reels, the good AND the bad. They know these guys' strength's and weeknesses.

And we just traded up.
I watch Ohio St games. Was never impressed. He’s decent and I’m not expecting much. Like I said in another thread, I will eventually become at ease with this pick. It’s just that SP has a “type” and an infatuation with a certain university (although I do like a lot of their players). The same type the past 15 years. This wasn’t an Ireland pick. This has SP all over it. I think that’s my main issue. That’s short sidedness, imho.

All for optimism, but so was Baun

We're playing Baun out of position. He's a pass rusher... undersized a bit... but that's what the kid excels at. I don't know why we tried to turn him into a "linebacker". leave him on the edge and let him eat,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom