Pete Werner: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

How do you like the Pete Werner Pick

• Love it

Votes: 114 32.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 21.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 120 33.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Don’t like it

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I like the pick, he's durable and versatile.

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I won't pretend that I know better than the Saints organization. I don't. I'm happy they drafted a LB.

But to be honest I'm somewhat shocked. Werner? Jabril Cox and Baron Browning were on the board. In fact Jabril is still on the board. I really wanted Jabril Cox.

Just shows how little I know.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Werner's RAS is head and shoulders above AA. AA came in at 8.03. Werner is 9.52. More importantly is the explosion grade, which the Saints really appear to be emphasizing. AA's explosion grade was Poor. Werner graded as elite in Explosion. These are the metrics the Saints care about right now.
Jeff Ireland is big on RAS. All three of our draft picks in Rounds 1-3 have a RAS over 9, which means they are superior athletes at or near the top of the range for their positions.

Belfast Saint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I like the pick. Werner seems like a good fit for what we're looking for and what we need.

Hopefully he'll be good and manage the distortion and crucible that comes in the transition from college to the pros.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

These buckeyes fans seem to think Pete was selected much higher than they'd thought.

A bit disconcerting.
I don't think those dudes understand the value of LB in the NFL. They seem to think LB's are the red-headed step children of the defense. Well, if we had TB's LB's and they had ours last year, we would have won the Super Bowl instead of them.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
RIGHT!?!?!? So many on here are screaming for Cox (TLDR I was too, just in the privacy of my own home) and yet, he's still sitting undrafted. Looks like many, including myself, don't know as much as we think from watching a few games on Saturdays.
I think I know the reason why Jabril Cox is falling. And it has nothing to do with his play.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do tell...unless it has to do with injuries, I have no clue.
It’s just a theory. Has to do with academics or should I say, lack there of for him. Meaning only his academics at LSU, not regarding NDS.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom