Pete Werner: How do you like the pick? (2 Viewers)

How do you like the Pete Werner Pick

• Love it

Votes: 114 32.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 21.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 120 33.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Don’t like it

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
I won't pretend that I know better than the Saints organization. I don't. I'm happy they drafted a LB.

But to be honest I'm somewhat shocked. Werner? Jabril Cox and Baron Browning were on the board. In fact Jabril is still on the board. I really wanted Jabril Cox.

Just shows how little I know.

Werner's RAS is head and shoulders above AA. AA came in at 8.03. Werner is 9.52. More importantly is the explosion grade, which the Saints really appear to be emphasizing. AA's explosion grade was Poor. Werner graded as elite in Explosion. These are the metrics the Saints care about right now.
Jeff Ireland is big on RAS. All three of our draft picks in Rounds 1-3 have a RAS over 9, which means they are superior athletes at or near the top of the range for their positions.

I like the pick. Werner seems like a good fit for what we're looking for and what we need.

Hopefully he'll be good and manage the distortion and crucible that comes in the transition from college to the pros.

These buckeyes fans seem to think Pete was selected much higher than they'd thought.

A bit disconcerting.

I don't think those dudes understand the value of LB in the NFL. They seem to think LB's are the red-headed step children of the defense. Well, if we had TB's LB's and they had ours last year, we would have won the Super Bowl instead of them.

RIGHT!?!?!? So many on here are screaming for Cox (TLDR I was too, just in the privacy of my own home) and yet, he's still sitting undrafted. Looks like many, including myself, don't know as much as we think from watching a few games on Saturdays.
I think I know the reason why Jabril Cox is falling. And it has nothing to do with his play.

I'm actually fine with what he said. If you watch games that a player we selected played at and don't like them then that's okay. What I don't like is people acting like they know he would've been available later on. It's ludicrous, you don't know that and stop pretending like you do.
Nowhere did I say I knew when he or any player is available but I like many who watch the draft watch with a open mindedness that the team has a vision and watching it play out is why the draft is so exciting to fans.

Nobody asked you what you don't like, so get out your feeling and enjoy the process like everybody else......except for you apparently.

Oh, and here's your emoji 🤷🏾‍♂️

I won't pretend that I know better than the Saints organization. I don't. I'm happy they drafted a LB.

But to be honest I'm somewhat shocked. Werner? Jabril Cox and Baron Browning were on the board. In fact Jabril is still on the board. I really wanted Jabril Cox.

Just shows how little I know.
Per Rappoport who has talked to scouts during the draft: Jabril Cox had recent shoulder surgery that is difficult to make a full recovery from. His draft stock dropped because of this.

I can see a less needy team picking him up today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom