Pete Werner: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

How do you like the Pete Werner Pick

• Love it

Votes: 114 32.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 21.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 120 33.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Don’t like it

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
I was guilty of that. Loved the Anzalone pick and thought he’d be a stud for us. I was way off on that one.

I think what sidelined Anzalone for us was more that he couldn't stay healthy, I thought he was starting LB material when healthy...

That would mean the fans are in shock and that's not a valid excuse to me. Supposedly everyone on here loves Ireland but when we actually use his recommendations people flip out because it didn't fit their narrative. Unless you are a scout no one on here knows better than the people that are getting paid for it. I did say earlier that if you watch college ball and seen a certain player or even watch highlight films then you can disagree with a pick but to suggest that a player would've been available later is laughable to me.

A lot of folks always want a splash/flashy pick (like a QB, RB, WR) in the 1st round, (and an LSU player of course)....Since Ireland has been here it is more slow, steady, and boring (building/maintaining offensive and D lines have been the primary focus). I love it and think this will be a better team than most expect....we will see....

We need him to be considerably better than Azalone.

I always thought a healthy Anzalone was a pretty good player, hopefully this guy is even better....

It’s just a theory. Has to do with academics or should I say, lack there of for him. Meaning only his academics at LSU, not regarding NDS.

I thought h got his degree at NDS and used his last year of eligibility at LSU?

Look at this guy's RAS...

I'm sure Cox is one of the first 5 players picked today, but it'd be awesome if he fell to the Saints and they snagged him in round 4. Their draft would instantly become an A imo

EDIT: Of course the Cowboys picked him haha

Last edited:
Per Rappoport who has talked to scouts during the draft: Jabril Cox had recent shoulder surgery that is difficult to make a full recovery from. His draft stock dropped because of this.

I can see a less needy team picking him up today.
Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware.

"I can see a less needy team picking him up today" - me too. If he recovers fully, I expect him to be a starter. Not quite quite another Deion Jones, but somewhere in that ballpark. A quality coverage linebacker.

Turner is NOT a DT....he is a rotational DE like Hendrickson was nothing about a 6'6 270 player sounds like a DT he is a like Jordan and Davenport a DE who on passing downs can be in the "nascar" package and rush from the inside.

The Saints will draft a CB and interior DL but Turner was not drafted to play DT.

He‘a probably not a traditional DT, but he’s more than capable of playing there even just on passing downs. Our 4th DL after Jordan, Onyemata, and Davenport has been rotational lately, really 3rd and 4th after Jordan and Onyemata, so there hasn’t been a 2nd every down DT in front 4 in a while. I can see Tuttle in on run downs and Turner in at DT on passing downs, or him and Davenport switch spots between DT and DE on the right side on those downs

Nowhere did I say I knew when he or any player is available but I like many who watch the draft watch with a open mindedness that the team has a vision and watching it play out is why the draft is so exciting to fans.

Nobody asked you what you don't like, so get out your feeling and enjoy the process like everybody else......except for you apparently.

Oh, and here's your emoji 🤷🏾‍♂️
I wasn't saying you, it was a general you and I enjoyed the draft the past two days. And since when did someone need to ask me something in order to give my opinion?

And what are you doing?! Armchair GM like everyone with an opinion, or you just don’t have an opinion?!
My opinion is that I trust our current front office. We have done a great job since Jeff Ireland has joined the organization.

We did not pick who I wanted. I’ve stated that multiple times. I just happen to recognize that I’m not the expert, spending hundreds of hours study film on a multitude of players, to find both the good and the bad. As fans, we like to watch highlight reels. That rarely tells the whole story.

Werner's RAS is head and shoulders above AA. AA came in at 8.03. Werner is 9.52. More importantly is the explosion grade, which the Saints really appear to be emphasizing. AA's explosion grade was Poor. Werner graded as elite in Explosion. These are the metrics the Saints care about right now.
Pete Werner’s best pro comparison is Fred Warner from the 49ers. They’re very similar in almost every way... Werner edged-out Fred Warner in almost every athletic test, and the ones he didn’t beat him, they tied.

Werner was also super productive and durable at OSU. Pete Werner is a much better prospect than AA.

Now... is Werner going to be as good as Fred Warner? That remains to be seen... but Pete Werner has everything it takes to be even better.

Does he have a number yet???? I need to order my jersey asap....
Sincerely,
M. Werner

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom