Peter King on the future of Brees, Hill, Bridgewater, Burrow and Tua (1 Viewer)

So many media members thinks that Hill will be the future starter at QB. This tells me that he definitely won’t ever be the starter. The media is usually wrong about these types of things, especially when it’s Payton making that decision.
Most of the fans must be wrong too?

It's the same reason the Pelicans got both Davis & Williamson. Ours is a pitiful NBA organization. It's just a matter of time before Zion is crying to get out of this 'losers bracket' too.

It's hard to fix such a long history of badness in any professional sport.

BI is an all star. Ball is trending that way. Hart is an ascending player with tons of effort and heart. Zion is a freak. Hayes is a freak. NAW is a Big Guard with tons of potential. Plus the Pels have a boat load of picks. Pels are going to do great. Behave

BI is an all star. Ball is trending that way. Hart is an ascending player with tons of effort and heart. Zion is a freak. Hayes is a freak. NAW is a Big Guard with tons of potential. Plus the Pels have a boat load of picks. Pels are going to do great. Behave
Potential is good, and I'm glad to hear that things are going to be great one day.
But it hasn't happened yet. We are still a very under-performing team. And we are losing the games that we need to win to be considered 'great'. You can deny it if you like, but the days of being able to compete in the playoffs is not reality at this time.
But when it does, I'll be very happy.

He's going to be a fantastic player. He reminds me of Andrew Luck.
Best comparison I’ve seen for Tua is from Lane Kiffin, who helped recruit him to Bama.

Steve Young.

Well, to Nick Saban, Tua reminds him of Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers:

“I think he’s a lot like Drew Brees. I always thought Aaron Rodgers was a lot like that as a player too,” said Saban. “Not overly big, accurate with the ball, really good judgment, decision-making. Those guys are the style of player. I would never say the expectation should be he would accomplish what those guys have, I’d never wanna put that on a guy. But that’s the style of player he is.”

Rest of the article:

Potential is good, and I'm glad to hear that things are going to be great one day.
But it hasn't happened yet. We are still a very under-performing team. And we are losing the games that we need to win to be considered 'great'. You can deny it if you like, but the days of being able to compete in the playoffs is not reality at this time.
But when it does, I'll be very happy.

Not to derail a Saints thread even further with Pelicans talk, but with Zion on the court, this team is a clearly a playoff caliber team and one that could upset someone in the first round. Since Zion got back their record is really good and they are playing very good ball. I mean, they could get the #8 seed in the West even without Zion playing half of the season. And, they are only going to get better as younger players like Zion, Hayes, and NAW get more NBA experience.

Regarding TB, here is a question to ponder when trying to figure out what is going to happen with the Saints QB's for 2020.

If you believe Brees is returning for another year and this team has the talent to go the the superbowl then what has changed with the need for a top quality backup to save the season in case of an injury to Brees? Why would the saints be so high on TB as the backup last year to make him the highest paid backup but for 2020 the saints will go with someone new if they are in for making a SB run?

Second, If TH is the future QB, why did Payton go with TB for the five game stretch and then limit TH playing time because he was the backup and could not risk injury to the backup QB at that time. If TH is the better option at that time you play him at QB because he is already out of the offense as the backup QB so why not use him as the starting QB and have him for 100% of the offense and TB as backup.

I look at what actions the team and Payton have taken in regards to TB and TH vs. the chatter that is being spoken about them because the actions and the chatter do not align. As for Brees return it is going to come down to money and the cap which none of the media professionals are talking about when they talk about Brees returning.

Regarding TB, here is a question to ponder when trying to figure out what is going to happen with the Saints QB's for 2020.

If you believe Brees is returning for another year and this team has the talent to go the the superbowl then what has changed with the need for a top quality backup to save the season in case of an injury to Brees? Why would the saints be so high on TB as the backup last year to make him the highest paid backup but for 2020 the saints will go with someone new if they are in for making a SB run?

Second, If TH is the future QB, why did Payton go with TB for the five game stretch and then limit TH playing time because he was the backup and could not risk injury to the backup QB at that time. If TH is the better option at that time you play him at QB because he is already out of the offense as the backup QB so why not use him as the starting QB and have him for 100% of the offense and TB as backup.

I look at what actions the team and Payton have taken in regards to TB and TH vs. the chatter that is being spoken about them because the actions and the chatter do not align. As for Brees return it is going to come down to money and the cap which none of the media professionals are talking about when they talk about Brees returning.

They're just not going to be able to afford Teddy, plain and simple. He's earned his spot as an NFL starter somewhere.

Teddy got the call because that was the role he was assigned. He was the one in the QB room and practicing plays every day while TH was in other meetings and practicing routes and such. Maybe Payton is playing us and has other plans. Let's wait and see.

Boastfully pretending we know won't change what Payton decides.

Theoretically a trade up for Tua makes much more sense than a trade up for Burrow. His game closely resembles Brees and he would hopefully only see limited action this year giving him plenty of time to heal up. Just going up to 3 instead of 1 makes a world of difference in terms of what we have to give up. It would still cost a ton and I wouldnt bet on it happening but its like a 0.1% chance as opposed to a 0% chance to get Burrow

My pure speculation is all the chatter about TH is geared towards the potential negotiation between Saints and Brees. I would bet the Saints have given Brees a hard number thats a take-it-or-leave-it deal. And right now Brees is trying to decide if he wants to play for that figure or move into TV. If there is one thing Brees loves to do besides throwing TDs, its making money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom