Peter King on the future of Brees, Hill, Bridgewater, Burrow and Tua (1 Viewer)

My pure speculation is all the chatter about TH is geared towards the potential negotiation between Saints and Brees. I would bet the Saints have given Brees a hard number thats a take-it-or-leave-it deal. And right now Brees is trying to decide if he wants to play for that figure or move into TV. If there is one thing Brees loves to do besides throwing TDs, its making money.
I think the chatter about TH when it's coming from Payton is to show him that he sees him as primarily a QB in the future so as to retain him when free agency starts. TH says he sees himself as a starting AB and Payton is confirming it for him, out loud, to national media. He'd be more likely to be willing to wait another year behind Brees with this in his head. IMO, at least.

My pure speculation is all the chatter about TH is geared towards the potential negotiation between Saints and Brees. I would bet the Saints have given Brees a hard number that's a take-it-or-leave-it deal. And right now Brees is trying to decide if he wants to play for that figure or move into TV. If there is one thing Brees loves to do besides throwing TDs, its making money.

If Brees plays you know he wants a ring more than a few extra million. The records and a ring will translate into endorsements and TV dollars that should eclipse any fatter short term deal elsewhere. So, it's hard to accept your rather cynical take. I don't think Payton or the Saints would want to risk the good will between them and Drew with such low class play. It is better for Drew and the team if he retires one day as a Saint.

My dream is Brees plays well coaches the best out of a progressing Taysom and that in the SB Brees takes the snap, laterals to an in motion Taysom. Everyone is thinking run and Taysom throws to a wide open Brees for the winning TD. Mahomes trots out and asks Drew to sign his helmet. Drew and Taysom share the game MVP. Brady retires several TDs behind Drew and Drew gets the biggest NO parade ever.

I really doubt that. He is a solid guy, no doubt.

His Heisman speech said wonders of the guy he is. It also showed his strong attachment to the people of the community of Ohio he grew up with. If Burrow thinks there may be a transcendent reason besides football, I think he will embrace playing for the bengals.

Right, he will probably want to play for the Bengals guillermo.

But, if he wants to play for another team, I wouldn't underestimate his power to make the Bengals deal him. I'm sure they are worried about putting all their eggs in 1 basket anyway.

The Bengals have to know they can also make their team better for a long time if they deal him. So fighting to keep him may actually hurt them in the long run, especially if he underachieves.

I'm with the Teddy to the Chargers group. They are a really good team and play in a warm weather spot. Plus, with all the Teddy Talk by all the Sports media, TB might be able to put some booties in some seats, which the Chargers need ASAP.

I used to love Peja's Stojakovic's big head on a stick, but I just hate Peter King's huge noggin.

I think Teddy is in the right place to choose his next step. Considering the system, his best bets will be either Chicago (not sure they are looking) or San Diego (with a strong running game, good receivers, good offensive line).

Now, if he wants to continue being patient, the best bet for me would be Pittsburgh, maybe one year behind Roethlisberger. The Patriots would be a similar case, but with the money being thrown out to Brady, it is the same case as us, they can't afford him.
I'm not so sure. Kyle Allen started the same way but with a crapier defense if I'm being honest.
Allen's problem was that he was the starter for a little longer.

I don't much care for Peter King or much of the commentariat business during the internet age. But, I do think he's likely on-target on everyone's short-term path. I hope he's wrong on Teddy's destination, though. If he leaves, please let it be to the Chargers. Too much intel on us to have him inside the division!

Teddy got the call because that was the role he was assigned. He was the one in the QB room and practicing plays every day while TH was in other meetings and practicing routes and such. Maybe Payton is playing us and has other plans. Let's wait and see.

Boastfully pretending we know won't change what Payton decides.

?? that’s a very good take right there... Nice ??

I'm with the Teddy to the Chargers group. They are a really good team and play in a warm weather spot. Plus, with all the Teddy Talk by all the Sports media, TB might be able to put some booties in some seats, which the Chargers need ASAP.

Teddy to the Chargers makes the most sense to me. It’s a good situation for Teddy, and IMHO, he checks all the boxes for what the Chargers need...
  • Veteran QB that can “win now” with a playoff caliber roster.
  • Young enough to lead the franchise for the next 6-10 years
  • Great leader and community presence
  • Weapons already in place on Chargers offense that compliment Teddy’s style of play... as well as a very talented defense.

Teddy to the Chargers makes the most sense to me. It’s a good situation for Teddy, and IMHO, he checks all the boxes for what the Chargers need...
  • Veteran QB that can “win now” with a playoff caliber roster.
  • Young enough to lead the franchise for the next 6-10 years
  • Great leader and community presence
  • Weapons already in place on Chargers offense that compliment Teddy’s style of play... as well as a very talented defense.
But can he bike to the stadium?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom