Peter King Says: (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon, that's a great line he quoted.

I used to be the official SSF Peter King ombudsman. I have been taking one full year off, based on King's leadership in consistent and unwavering post-Katrina support for New Orleans and the "Saints in New Orleans", as well as his purchasing of two season tickets. Guy put his money and his column space where his mouth was.

Also, this season, I find him far more readable, balanced and insightful than years past. I am struggling to decide whether it's just me, or whether it's the fact that rather than chase off to only one game per weekend, he sits in the NBC Studios and watches all the games at once.

Whatever. I still disagree with him on various issues from time to time, but I now find myself looking forward to his work on Mondays.

I used to be the official SSF Peter King ombudsman. I have been taking one full year off, based on King's leadership in consistent and unwavering post-Katrina support for New Orleans and the "Saints in New Orleans", as well as his purchasing of two season tickets. Guy put his money and his column space where his mouth was.

Same. I've despised King for years (and even got into some ugly fights on this board about him of all things) but i've pretty much had to shut up this year.

In the third quarter of this titanic tussle, my NBC boss, David Neal, taps me on the shoulder and says: "I want you to call Drew Brees after the game. Find out how he feels about playing better than Dan Marino ever played."

It's hard for many Saints fan to comprehend that we are witnessing the maturation of one of the most complete QB's to ever play this game... It's even more difficult for us to realize that he actually plays for our Saints (I still have to pinch myself sometimes.)

It's not like Drew was an anomaly before he got here. As he will readily tell you, he loves this West Coast style of offense that he's playing in now, and it's obvious that it loves him....

He's just not the kind of treat we're not use to enjoying as Saints fans - Enjoy it!

King's words were dead-on about Drew.

Last edited:
I am scared I think I picked all those games the same except the Indy game....someone please bring me to the Hospital

Detroit (2-7) at Arizona (1-8)
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Arizona 17, Detroit 8

:_rofl: :smilielol: :spit: :hahahaha:

i like the picks. everyone in the NFC south loses but us.

Detroit (2-7) at Arizona (1-8)
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Arizona 17, Detroit 8

:_rofl: :smilielol: :spit: :hahahaha:

Man looking at those records...... we were 2-7 at this time last year.
I am so grateful for the way that this season has turned out thus far.

Speaking of Dan Marino, did he call the Chargers V. Saints (I.E. current Chargers QB v. former Chargers QB) in the Super Bowl at the end of Inside the NFL last night? Or am I on crack?

Speaking of Dan Marino, did he call the Chargers V. Saints (I.E. current Chargers QB v. former Chargers QB) in the Super Bowl at the end of Inside the NFL last night? Or am I on crack?

Missed it, but that would be an interesting turn of events. I'll try to catch it tonight at 10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom