Saints Peter King thinks Saints HC job… is not a good spot. (2 Viewers)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Per King:

“It’s not great,” King said. “They’re in a horrible cap situation, they don’t have a quarterback. They have a team that is old at several important positions. You’ve got a franchise wide receiver who’s played 25 percent of the last two seasons – who knows what kind of shape he’s in? They’ve had a bunch of contracts that have absolutely backfired on them. Look, I think Dennis Allen’s gonna get that job, and I don’t think it’s a great job.”

I mean… how long has Peter King been a NFL Insider? …How long has he seen the Saints “in cap hell” only to quickly fix their issues and be fine?
Underhill has broken it down in detail, how easily the Saints can clear a ton of cap space quite easily and without cutting anyone!

This is a playoff caliber roster that can easily be a contender once again, in pretty short order!

I’m already over the national media… have been for a long long time, but these idiots are piling on right now.

HIs biggest error is saying that we are old at several important positions. What would those be? I would agree with Jenkins at safety. Cam Jordan and Demario, maybe? Although they are both still playing at a Pro Bowl level. Who else?

Per King:

I mean… how long has Peter King been a NFL Insider? …How long has he seen the Saints “in cap hell” only to quickly fix their issues and be fine?
Underhill has broken it down in detail, how easily the Saints can clear a ton of cap space quite easily and without cutting anyone!

This is a playoff caliber roster that can easily be a contender once again, in pretty short order!

I’m already over the national media… have been for a long long time, but these idiots are piling on right now.
Very bad assessment by King they have only 2 old players that i can think of. Jenkins and Cam.

Every team makes bad contracts. Peats isn't the greatest, MT had to be paid, Taysom helped lead the Saints to 7 wins in 9 starts

HIs biggest error is saying that we are old at several important positions. What would those be? I would agree with Jenkins at safety. Cam Jordan and Demario, maybe? Although they are both still playing at a Pro Bowl level. Who else?

Yeah and we have Jenkins replacement in house in CGJ. And we might have Jordan and Davis' replacements in house with Turner/Davenport and Pete Werner. This team is far from needing to be rebuilt. Obviously we have to find a QB and we need some WRs and a pass catching TE on offense, but otherwise we are pretty set.

Saw a show yesterday where they were ranking the openings and one guy had us 4th and the other had us 5th. Out of 9.

I don't consider Peter King a positive person, he's actually a lot like many posters on here recently.

I see this roster as a contending roster if the right moves are made. The defense is intact. Who's old? Cam, Davis and Jenkins. Okay, all three of those guys replacements are on the roster. No rush to move on from them or find replacements.

On offense, there is a ton of opportunity. The opportunity is if that's where the changes are made, that's okay since it was built with Payton's vision and a pivot on offense maybe what is needed to breathe new life into it. It can also be completely remade in one offseason.

Peter King is a shell of what he once was as columnist. He probably said the same thing in 2006. I just don’t put much if any weight on what he has to say these days. Anyway guess who we have to thank for our situation, yep the guy who just jumped ship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom