Peter King's "Football Morning in America" blurb about Drew Brees.... (1 Viewer)

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
FMIA Week 3: A Sunday of Surprises? Nah, A Vet Says, ‘This Is The Normal’

Normal, Ch. 3: Brees Is Breaking Records, And He’s Not Done
Drew Brees, the ridiculous metronome. It just never stops. Tom Brady talks about playing till he’s 45, and he well could. But Brees, who turns 40 in January, broke the NFL’s all-time record for completions Sunday, passing Brett Favre. And if he has two normal weeks (against the Giants and Washington, coming up), he’ll break another record—for passing yards. He’s 418 yards away from Peyton Manning’s yardage record. And 46 touchdowns from Manning’s passing-TD record. And if you watched the 43-37 Saints’ win at Atlanta on Sunday, all you could think was: This guy’s missed two games due to injury in 13 seasons in New Orleans, and he might put the records so far out that it’ll be tough for Brady or anyone to pass them.

GOAT .. yet he isnt talked about hardly ever...sad its a "blurb" thats a huge milestone :cautious:

I am noticing in the highlights that Brady's body is aging at a high rate. Drew's looks the same as 5 years ago.

Stafford, Eli, and Rivers could eventually beat some of Favre and Payton's records, but they'll never catch Drew. Maybe Mahommes, but that will be in 14-15 years... health permitting.

I don't understand his use of 'metronome.'

Oh. it has something to do with music and beats and clicks and timing. Fancy.

I am noticing in the highlights that Brady's body is aging at a high rate. Drew's looks the same as 5 years ago.

Stafford, Eli, and Rivers could eventually beat some of Favre and Payton's records, but they'll never catch Drew. Maybe Mahommes, but that will be in 14-15 years... health permitting.

Eli will have to play well into his 40s to tackle some of Favre and Peyton's records. He will not break them by production, but by career length. It's the same way Kobe Bryant got his point records, despite having to take hundreds more shots than the guys' records he was breaking.

If Brady played for any other team besides New England, he would be an average quarterback. He looked awful in 2014 but thankfully had a healthy Gronk, Edleman and Amendola to catch wide open passes. If Gronk goes down, the Pats are so screwed.

GOAT .. yet he isnt talked about hardly ever...sad its a "blurb" thats a huge milestone :cautious:
That's ok, we all know Brees is GOAT, its common place. For that matter so does my six year old. One day after he retires and goes into the HOF, everyone will see his stats and wake up to the realization that he is the greatest QB to play the game.

Just another reason why the ring argument needs to die. Brady is only the GOAT if people count SB rings. Judging by talent, production and seasonal averages, I'm taking Manning, Marino and Brees over him every single time.

That's ok, we all know Brees is GOAT, its common place. For that matter so does my six year old. One day after he retires and goes into the HOF, everyone will see his stats and wake up to the realization that he is the greatest QB to play the game.

Lol I just hope I’m alive to see that speech. It will be the first HOF speech I’ve ever watched. Heck I may even attend.

The QB safety rules has been fountain of youth and giving Brees the ability to go into his 40s. I can see him go alteast 3 more years when his body starts to break down.

FMIA Week 3: A Sunday of Surprises? Nah, A Vet Says, ‘This Is The Normal’

Normal, Ch. 3: Brees Is Breaking Records, And He’s Not Done
Drew Brees, the ridiculous metronome. It just never stops. Tom Brady talks about playing till he’s 45, and he well could. But Brees, who turns 40 in January, broke the NFL’s all-time record for completions Sunday, passing Brett Favre. And if he has two normal weeks (against the Giants and Washington, coming up), he’ll break another record—for passing yards. He’s 418 yards away from Peyton Manning’s yardage record. And 46 touchdowns from Manning’s passing-TD record. And if you watched the 43-37 Saints’ win at Atlanta on Sunday, all you could think was: This guy’s missed two games due to injury in 13 seasons in New Orleans, and he might put the records so far out that it’ll be tough for Brady or anyone to pass them.
Still, you read between the lines and it's like, "so sad that this guy is out there and I have to think about him because he messes up the Brady/Montana/Elway/Rogers narratives that we have settled on."

I mean, so sad that Brees records are not held by Brady....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom