Peter King's thoughts on the Ryan hire (1 Viewer)

I get mixed up between Peter King and Pete Prisco, both of them write the same kind of garbage.

Rob Ryan must be a great interview. None of his last 6 defenses, in Dal+Cle+Oak, ranked better than 14th in yds allowed/13th in pts allowed.

If our offense performs the way it should. Then 14th and 13th is all we need.

In the history of the NFL how many teams have really been that offensive and defensive juggernaut?

Off the top of my head I can't really think of any but I'm relatively young so I'll defer to those older than me to answer that.

This is isn't highschool or college where players for the most part choose where they go based on who they want to be apart of. This is a professional league, money, location, individual lifestyle, etc. play a big factor here. If Rob Ryan can get our defense to the middle of the pack that's an improvement and it bodes well for the Saints chances of winning another championship. If he does better then **** we're a lock.

Personally I was hoping for Tomsula but the whiners blocked all talk of that. So we have who we have and I'll support him and the hire for now.

King has been nothing but a butt-hurt little "peter" ever since the Saints shut him out after his "reporting" at the beginning of "bounty-gate".

That guy was never worth a darn, now that he has a grudge against us, he's even worse.

Nothing to see here... It's just a fatter version of Scooter.

I guess when the cowgirls hired him it was the genius move of the offseason

Kinda.
6. I think Jason Garrett told a story over the weekend about new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan that, if you're a Cowboys fan and want to see Anthony Spencer and DeMarcus Ware dominate the league the way they did collectively in 2009, you'll be happy to hear.
Said Garrett: "We had an interview. He came into my office and he had on a coat and tie and his hair was nicely combed. He looked good. He looked good. But we started talking football and about three minutes into our conversation I'd never seen a guy who wanted to get out of a coat and tie more than this guy and so I said, 'Rob just take the thing off,' so literally he went, 'Boom' and got rid of the tie, grabbed a pen and started going on the board. And it didn't take long. I was impressed by the effort. I was impressed by the coat and tie and I was equally as impressed of him getting rid of it and getting going and really being who he is.''
Just remember one thing it you're underwhelmed by the Ryan hiring (which I decidedly am not): Rob Ryan is certain he can be a head coach in the NFL, and a head coach just as good as his brother. So he's motivated to lead the league in sacks and have a top-five defense and for the Cowboys to win. All of that, he knows, will lead to interviews for head-coaching jobs. So his motivation falls right in line with the motivation of every Cowboys fan.

Read More: Labor and draft board uncertainty rule the day at the NFL's annual combine - Peter King - SI.com

I just asked my latest dump what it thought of the Rob Ryan hire because apparently any old turd can provide an opinion.

13 in yards and 14th inpoints? If we can improve that much, it'll be a CHAMPIONSHIP!

Thats what I`m saying we really don`t need to have a top 5 defense for this team to be a contender.

We don't need the number 1 defense in the NFL. Mediocre to decent would be a vast improvement and put us in the playoffs.

If our offense performs the way it should. Then 14th and 13th is all we need.

In the history of the NFL how many teams have really been that offensive and defensive juggernaut?

Off the top of my head I can't really think of any but I'm relatively young so I'll defer to those older than me to answer that.

This is isn't highschool or college where players for the most part choose where they go based on who they want to be apart of. This is a professional league, money, location, individual lifestyle, etc. play a big factor here. If Rob Ryan can get our defense to the middle of the pack that's an improvement and it bodes well for the Saints chances of winning another championship. If he does better then **** we're a lock.

Personally I was hoping for Tomsula but the whiners blocked all talk of that. So we have who we have and I'll support him and the hire for now.
1980s 49ers

Rob Ryan is twice the man Peter King will ever be. (No pun intended)

Now go back to Jerry's office and stuff your pie hole with his popcorn while licking Jerry's boots Pete.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom